- Southeast Bond Boom? DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/28/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31999, p1
The article presents information that the voters in the Southeast region will be weighing in on more than $5 billion of bond requests next week, including nearly $3 billion of general obligation bonds on the ballot in Miami-Dade County, Florida. School funding needs have pushed officials in...
- Mansfield, Tex., Schools to Ask for Record Bond Authorization at May Election. Albanesse, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32330, p30
The article reports that the Mansfield Independent School District in Texas will ask voters for approval of a $241.5 million general obligation bond proposal on the May 13, 2006 ballot. Student population in the district has increased to 25,600 in 2006 from 10,000 in 1995. Funds will be used to...
- Bad News for Bonds? Braun, Martin Z.; Albanese, Elizabeth; Williams, Rochelle; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p1
Presents news briefs related to ballot measures in several U.S. states for bonds as of November 02, 2001. Bond packages introduced in Texas; Issuance of general obligation debt in California; Proposed amount of bond referendums in Virginia.
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p26
Presents information on bond elections to provide approval to states in the U.S. for issuing the bonds as of December 12, 2001. Dates scheduled for voters to cast their votes; Schedule for elections for approval of Union Public School District bonds in Oklahoma; Bond elections which are to be...
- Voters Nationwide Approve 90.5% of Bond Issues. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on the results of local and statewide bond elections in the U.S. in November 2004. Overall approval rate of bond elections; Number of bond questions on ballots across the country.
- FLORIDA: Marco Island's Septic Question. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32655, p9
The article reports that Marco Island voters in Florida are in the process of casting ballots through the mail to determine whether they want to subsidize the cost of a septic tank replacement program with the issuance of up to $88.6 million of general obligation (GO) bonds. If voters approve...
- Ohio School Needs, 'Third Frontier' Project Lead Ballot. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p30
Reports on the bond issues that emerged on the ballot measures in Ohio. Authorization of a bonding program to boost technology jobs; Authorization of a bonding program to finance the expansion and renovation of school buildings; Range of school district initiatives on the ballot.
- Lowering Threshold for School Bonds Qualifies Again for California Ballot. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/29/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30923, p36
Reports on the inclusion in the California ballot in November 2000 of an initiative that would reduce the approval level required for passing bond referendums. Required approval of bond plans by school boards; Caps and citizen oversight requirements.
- Biggest bond battlegrounds: 1998. // Bond Buyer;11/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30513, p16
Presents a breakdown of bond issues included in state ballots around the United States in 1998. Includes school bonds in California; Water and wastewater projects financing in Arkansas; Environmental cleanup funding in Michigan.