Treasury May Ease Private-Activity Limitations
- Treasury proposal aims to improve compliance with tax-exempt standards. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;4/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the U.S. Treasury Department official's outline of a proposal for improving tax-exempt organizations' compliance with federal standards. proposed excise tax with measures to strengthen public-disclosure requirements; Applicable areas of proposal; Filing costs.
- Gas Bond OK Is Pledged By Treasury. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p1
Reports on the permission given by U.S. treasury department to municipal utilities to issue tax-exempt bonds to purchase prepaid natural gas contracts. Limitation of Treasury to prevent arbitrage abuse; Use of prepayment bonds allowed by Treasury's tax policy; Amendment to allow the issuance of...
- II. 1968 TREASURY RECOMMENDATIONS. // Congressional Digest;May69, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p136
Presents excerpts from U.S. Treasury Department's recommendations relating to tax-exempt organizations and foundations, published by the House Committee on Ways and Means and the Senate Committee on Finance. Findings of the department's study into operations of private foundations to determine...
- Tax man. // Health Systems Review;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
Reports on plans by the United States' Treasury Department to provide guidance on joint operating agreements between non-profit and investor-owned health care entities. Action by coalition of tax-paying and tax-exempt hospital systems; Role of Richard Grafmeyer, Ernst & Young's national...
- Recent Letter Details Treasury's Position on Tribal Bonds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32298, p5
The article reports on the issuance of a letter by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to respond to the issue of tribal bonds. The letter indicated the refusal of the agency to provide formal guidance on the tax-exempt bond issued by Indian tribal governments. Included in the letter is an...
- GOVERNMENT BONDS. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Oct67, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p14
Discusses issues related to government bonds in the U.S. as of October 1967. Reasons for expecting a limited rise in long yields of government bonds; Facts on the plans of the Treasury Department to refund maturing bonds; Information on tax-exempt bonds.
- Native Group Urges Easing Way for Tax-Exempt Deals. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;10/4/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33393, p5
The article reports that the National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) urged the Department of Treasury to ease tribal tax-exempt financings in the U.S.
- Treasury: We Still Want Comments On Proposed Refunding Regulation. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p5
Reports on the refunding regulations proposed by the U.S. Treasury Department for the tax-exempt bond community. Advice given to tax attorneys to submit comments on the proposals; Questions raised by tax exempt bond participants; Overview of the existing law.
- A Heavy Hand With SLGS. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p1
Reports on the proposal of the U.S. Department of the Treasury for a new policy and procedural curbs on the state and local government series securities program. Efforts of the department to crack down on abuses related to securities trading; Reaction of tax-exempt bond market participants on...