McGreevey Appoints Big Contributor to Port Authority
- Jim McGreevey and His Main Man. Horowitz, Craig // New York;9/20/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p40
Discusses the relationship between New Jersey Governor James McGreevey and developer Charles Kushner who were both brought down by sex scandals. Role of Kushner in McGreevey's rise in New Jersey politics; Guilty plea of Kushner to retaliating against a federal witness and filing false tax...
- The Sleaze Factor. Quinn, William T. // njbiz;7/19/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p14
Discusses the impact of criminal charges against real estate developer Charles Kushner on the political culture of New Jersey. Facts of the case against Kushner; Implications of the case for political ethics in the state; Significance of the connections between Kushner and New Jersey Governor...
- Legislators weigh future of N.J. sports authority. Kitchen, Andrew // njbiz;3/8/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p2
The article deals with the meeting of the New Jersey Senate Legislative Oversight Committee which focused on the future as well as the future of the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority.
- Meadowlands eyes link. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;5/2/94, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p34
Reports on the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority's plans for its Meadowlands complex. Attractions; Construction of a rail line for access to Manhattan, New York.
- State keeps options open for racetrack. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;9/19/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p3
The article reports that as of September 2011, New Jersey Sports and Exposition authorities remain in talks with Morris Bailey over his proposed purchase of the Monmouth Park Racetrack, but feel confident about alternative offers should Bailey renege on his offer.
- N.J. authority's sale will go toward convention center project. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;01/12/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30806, p32
Focuses on the construction of a beach-side convention center in Wildwood, New Jersey financed by a bond sale for the sale of the state Sports & Exposition Authority. Value of the project; Areas of improvement needed by the facility.
- Meadowlands Movement. // njbiz;7/22/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p2
Reports on the decision of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority and other parties regarding the redevelopment of the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Information on the companies interested in the redevelopment project; Background on the plan to build a...
- Swan song for sports authority. // njbiz;1/30/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p14
The author looks at the controversy surrounding the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority secret rebate donations of 3.5 million dollars to concert promoters.
- New Jersey's Governor Declares War on Sprawl. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p26
Reports on New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey's campaign against suburban sprawl in the state as of January 2003. Proposals made by the governor in his inaugural State of the State address; Reaction of municipal market participants to these proposals; Economic rationale of the governor's...