Gas Bond OK Is Pledged By Treasury
- Treasury May Ease Private-Activity Limitations. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p4
Reports on the efforts of the U.S. Treasury Department for the elimination of federal restrictions on the categories of projects financed under the private-activity bond. Proposal for the elimination of limit on the projects for tax-exempt private activity; Identification of the other proposal...
- Treasury proposal aims to improve compliance with tax-exempt standards. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;4/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the U.S. Treasury Department official's outline of a proposal for improving tax-exempt organizations' compliance with federal standards. proposed excise tax with measures to strengthen public-disclosure requirements; Applicable areas of proposal; Filing costs.
- No Letup Seen in 'Bonanza' of Prepaid Natural Gas Deals. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32512, p6
Information about the Prepaid Natural Gas Contracts conference in Los Angeles, California is presented. Panelist Dan Hartman tackled the exponential growth in the use of tax-exempt debt to finance municipal utilities' payments for natural gas. It has mentioned the deal involving a municipal gas...
- II. 1968 TREASURY RECOMMENDATIONS. // Congressional Digest;May69, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p136
Presents excerpts from U.S. Treasury Department's recommendations relating to tax-exempt organizations and foundations, published by the House Committee on Ways and Means and the Senate Committee on Finance. Findings of the department's study into operations of private foundations to determine...
- Tax man. // Health Systems Review;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
Reports on plans by the United States' Treasury Department to provide guidance on joint operating agreements between non-profit and investor-owned health care entities. Action by coalition of tax-paying and tax-exempt hospital systems; Role of Richard Grafmeyer, Ernst & Young's national...
- Recent Letter Details Treasury's Position on Tribal Bonds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32298, p5
The article reports on the issuance of a letter by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to respond to the issue of tribal bonds. The letter indicated the refusal of the agency to provide formal guidance on the tax-exempt bond issued by Indian tribal governments. Included in the letter is an...
- GOVERNMENT BONDS. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Oct67, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p14
Discusses issues related to government bonds in the U.S. as of October 1967. Reasons for expecting a limited rise in long yields of government bonds; Facts on the plans of the Treasury Department to refund maturing bonds; Information on tax-exempt bonds.
- Native Group Urges Easing Way for Tax-Exempt Deals. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;10/4/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33393, p5
The article reports that the National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) urged the Department of Treasury to ease tribal tax-exempt financings in the U.S.
- Natural Gas Prepayment Regs Issued. // Bond Buyer;8/04/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31691, p1
Reports that the U.S. Department of Treasury has issued regulations for the use of tax-exempt bonds to prepay natural gas contracts. Representation of an equal status for gas and electric utilities under these regulations; Benefits of these regulations to municipal electric utilities; Details...