Oregon Governor Set to Veto Budget Plan, Call Special Session
- Kitzhaber Offers Oregon Budget With Less General Fund GO Debt. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;2/2/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33460, p20
The article reports on a balanced budget proposal unveiled by Oregon governor John Kitzhaber for fiscal years 2012 and 2013.
- Oregon Governor Proposes $18.6B Budget. Chin, Tonya // Bondbuyer.com;12/2/2014, p25
The article reports on the proposal of Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber to spend over half of an 18.6 billion-dollar budget on schools, community colleges and universities in the state. Topics discussed include the state's 40-40-20 educational goal by 2025, the voters' failure to approve Ballot...
- Oregon to Vote on Ed. Trust Fund; Kitzhaber Vows to Fight GOP Plan. Scoon Reid, Karla // Education Week;3/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p15
Offers a look at Oregon's budget planning and its effect on education. Support of the state's government for the use of education trust funds to make up a shortfall in revenue and an increase in state expenditures; Belief of Governor John A. Kitzhaber that the measure does not address the...
- Oregon Governor Proposes $18.6B Budget. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;12/3/2014, Issue 34220, p1
Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber is proposing to spend over half of an $18.6 billion budget on schools, community colleges, and universities in the state.
- Kitzhaber visits Nixyaawii Governance Center. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the visit made by Oregon's Democratic Governatorial candidate John Kitzhaber on the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation on June 1, 2010 wherein he spoke with tribal leaders including Kat Brigham.
- Senate Backs Kitzhaber Health Overhaul. Cooper, Jonathan J. // Skanner (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR Combined Edition);2/15/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p1
The article reports that governor, John Kitzhaber is focused on redesigning the healthcare system with the Oregon Health Plan in Oregon.
- Ore. Testing Whether Better Organization Can Produce More Grads. WIEDER, BEN // Community College Week;4/15/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p17
The article discusses the education approach launched by Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber in 2011 that includes the abolition of the K-12 schools superintendent, an elected position, and the appointment of Rudy Crew, former New York City and Miami schools chief, as chief education officer of...
- Governor signs hand drum recognizing new authority for tribal police. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p13
The article reports that Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber has signed a hand drum made by Les Minthorn of the Board of Trustees (BOT) for the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR) in commemoration of the signing of the Senate Bill 412 that recognizes tribal police authority.
- Gay & Grey PDX Expo Receives Boost by Governor Proclamation. // Just Out;2/18/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p13
The article reports on a proclamation signed by Oregon governor John Kitzhaber to name May 21, 2011 as "Gay & Grey Day" in the state in honor of the elderly LGBT community event "2011 Gay & Grey PDX Expo."
- Ore. governor pitches health plan after SOTU spotlight. // Hill;2/25/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p22
The article reports on the plans of Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber to lower Medicaid costs in the U.S. in support to the Medicaid system overhaul highlighted in the State of the Union Address (SOTU) of U.S. President Barack Obama.