Vilsack: It's Raining
- Iowa Governor Reveals Frugal, $4.7 Billion Budget Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31308, p44
Reports on the governor of Iowa Tom Vilsack's budget plans for the fiscal year 2003. Estimated revenue growth in the budget plan; Reduction in the budget plan; Proposed bond issues by the state.
- Iowa's Gov. Vilsack Calls for New Borrowing, Taxes in His $4.4B 'People's Budget' Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31803, p6
Focuses on the proposed fiscal 2005 budget by Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack. Worth of the proposed budget; Allocation of the budget; Expansion on the state's sales tax.
- Guarded Optimism. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p35
Reports on the concern of Governor Tom Vilsack on the slow rate of growth of revenue in Iowa. Increase in the collection of taxes in 2004; Assessment of the budget figures.
- Iowa tobacco money goes to health. // Nation's Health;Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the use of all Iowa's tobacco money for health issues. Information on the state's health care budget; Remarks from Governor Tom Vilsack.
- Budget cutters need to ask who pays if government doesn't. GRIEKSPOOR, P. J. // Farmer;May2011, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on a speech by U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack to the North American Agricultural Journalists annual meeting in Washington D.C., in which he commented on budget cuts.
- Strapped States Face Hard Choices on Tax Hikes, Budget Cuts. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/14/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31800, p26
Reports on the state budget for the Midwest. Budget deficit of Illinois; Proposal of Iowa governor Tom Vilsack for tax increases to augment its budget deficit; Two primary factors that will affect the budget of Michigan; Proposed two-year bonding package for capital projects in Missouri.
- Iowa restores some funding. // State Government News;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the legislative actions taken by the Iowa Legislature for the 2002 state budget in November 2001. Restoration of funds to priority programs affected by the budget cuts made by Governor Tom Vilsack in November 1, 2001; Delay in the reduction of a training program; Reason for the...
- Ag Secretary Vilsack: Farm bill passage critical to ag research. Brandon, Hembree // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/26/2013, p2
The article discusses U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack's statement during a visit at the Mississippi State University on September 25, 2013. It explains why he thinks failure to pass a farm bill in a timely manner could cause agriculture research programs to run off the tracks. Being a...
- Iowa Debating $900M Development Plan Using Revenues From Gaming. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31618, p1
Iowa lawmakers began debating a 900 million dollar economic development program that would divert gambling revenues from the state's general fund and earmark them to repay the bonds needed to finance the plan. The bill unveiled by a group of Democratic andRepublican House legislators is the...