- "PoÃ«tische avonturen": over de verhouding tussen narratieve structuren en poÃ«tische aspecten in twee lange gedichten. Willockx, D. // Literator;Dec2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p123
Studying two totally different poems, this article investigates the possible interaction between narrative structures and lyric aspects in the specific genre of the long poem. The analyses concentrate on the identifiable appearance of narrative elements and on the impact of lyrical and poetical...
- Eye for an 'I.'. Aprile, Dianne // Louisville Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on the underlying lure in self-told life story. Mystery on the interpretation of people to the own experience; Impact of memoirs on individual life; Correlation between the resurgence in memoir-writing and the search for meaning and purpose.
- NARRATING THE SELF: THE AUTONOMOUS HEROINE IN GAIL GODWIN'S VIOLET CLAY. Frye, Joanne S. // Contemporary Literature;Spring83, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p66
No abstract available.
- Fantasy and the narrative transaction. Attebery, Brian // Style;Spring91, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p28
Examines two narrative mechanisms employed by contemporary fantasists. Modification of the familiar model of narrative transaction of Wayne Booth; Model as a chain of intermediaries standing between the historical author and the real reader.
- Discordant Narration. Cohn, Dorrit // Style;Summer2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p307
Provides information on the different kinds of fictional narration. Distinction between factual and discordant narration; Information on the discordant side of story-telling; Views on the resolution of a story using the discordant type of narration.
- SAT PREP: CRITICAL READING (part II). Jortner, Adam // Literary Cavalcade;Feb2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p40
Part II. Discusses a literary genre called the narrative passage. Definition of narrative passage; Importance of focusing on the critical words of the passage; Impact of paired passages on readers.
- Formal Analysis of Traditional Fictions. Martin, Wallace; Conrad, Nick // Papers on Language & Literature;Winter81, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p3
Deals with the formal analysis of traditional fictions. Formula for the structure of mythic narratives by Levi-Strauss; Formal description of narrative structure and technique; Way to test theoretical adequacy.
- OEDIPAL DESIRE AND NARRATIVE STRUCTURE IN SCOTT SPENCER'S ENDLESS LOVE. Rivkin, Julie // Contemporary Literature;Fall87, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p347
Focuses on the narrative structure in the novel 'Endless Love,' by Scott Spencer. Criticisms on the oedipal desire of David Axelrod, the narrator and protagonist in the novel; Role of the desire in the narrative; Details of the attempts of Axelrod in getting his first love, Jade Butterfield.
- 'Tenir sa terre en pais': Social Order in the Brut and in the Conte del Graal. Sturm-Maddox, Sara // Studies in Philology;Winter84, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p28
Demostrates that the traditional criteria of veracity versus fictionality are not universally pertinent to the classification of medieval narrative. Complicity between writer and public in terms of what constitutes historicity in its relation to truth; Degree of critical consensus concerning...