- "Po�tische avonturen": over de verhouding tussen narratieve structuren en po�tische aspecten in twee lange gedichten. Willockx, D. // Literator;Dec2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p123
Studying two totally different poems, this article investigates the possible interaction between narrative structures and lyric aspects in the specific genre of the long poem. The analyses concentrate on the identifiable appearance of narrative elements and on the impact of lyrical and poetical...
- Eye for an 'I.'. Aprile, Dianne // Louisville Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on the underlying lure in self-told life story. Mystery on the interpretation of people to the own experience; Impact of memoirs on individual life; Correlation between the resurgence in memoir-writing and the search for meaning and purpose.
- NARRATING THE SELF: THE AUTONOMOUS HEROINE IN GAIL GODWIN'S VIOLET CLAY. Frye, Joanne S. // Contemporary Literature;Spring83, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p66
No abstract available.
- The Monstrous Personal Chronicles of the Thirties. SCHOLES, ROBERT // Novel: A Forum on Fiction;Summer98, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p414
Describes monstrous personal narratives in the 1930s. Inclusion of diaries and journals in the narratives; Citation of novels; Reconsideration of time and its literary culture.
- Fantasy and the narrative transaction. Attebery, Brian // Style;Spring91, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p28
Examines two narrative mechanisms employed by contemporary fantasists. Modification of the familiar model of narrative transaction of Wayne Booth; Model as a chain of intermediaries standing between the historical author and the real reader.
- Discordant Narration. Cohn, Dorrit // Style;Summer2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p307
Provides information on the different kinds of fictional narration. Distinction between factual and discordant narration; Information on the discordant side of story-telling; Views on the resolution of a story using the discordant type of narration.
- SAT PREP: CRITICAL READING (part II). Jortner, Adam // Literary Cavalcade;Feb2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p40
Part II. Discusses a literary genre called the narrative passage. Definition of narrative passage; Importance of focusing on the critical words of the passage; Impact of paired passages on readers.
- Fabula and Fictionality in Narrative Theory. Walsh, Richard // Style;Winter2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p592
Examines the difference between fabula and fictionality in narrative theory. Distinction between fabula and suject; Theoretical problems already apparent in the Formalists' own usage; Most prevalent assumption about fabula; Most fundamental weakness in the concept of fabula.
- Formal Analysis of Traditional Fictions. Martin, Wallace; Conrad, Nick // Papers on Language & Literature;Winter81, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p3
Deals with the formal analysis of traditional fictions. Formula for the structure of mythic narratives by Levi-Strauss; Formal description of narrative structure and technique; Way to test theoretical adequacy.