CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES OF INDUSTRIAL SICKNESS IN INDIA
- The Market: A review. // Colourage;Mar1998, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p67
Various sectors of the textile industry are examined. The cotton textile industry has recorded a healthy growth during each of the first nine months of fiscal year 1997-98. Spun yarn production rose by 21.9% in December 1997. Meanwhile, the jute goods industry recorded a 15% rise in production...
- PRODUCTIVITY CHANGE AND LABOR ABSORPTION IN JAPANESE COTTON SPINNING 1891-1935. Saxonhouse, Gary R. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;May77, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p195
This article provides information on a study regarding the productivity change and labor absorption in the Japanese cotton textile industry between 1891 and 1935. Tables I and II may be used to discuss the general relationship between productivity improvement and labor absorption. The results...
- Bittertruthin sugar surge. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);5/2/2015, p11
The article reports on the projected growth of sugar production in India for the marketing year 2015-2016.
- Estimates of the Productivity Trend Using Time-Varying Parameter Techniques. Roberts, John M. // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Finance & Economi;2000, p1
This paper utilizes time-varying parameter techniques to isolate trends from cyclical movements in productivity and to determine an estimate of the trend rate of productivity growth. The author considers models with and without an explicit role for capital accumulation and finds that in the...
- La India presente en MedellÃn. // Textiles Panamericanos;ene/feb2014, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p8
No abstract available.
- Jute technology mission to be launched soon. // Colourage;Aug2000, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p90
Reports on the plan of the Indian government to launch a jute technology mission to increase productivity in the jute sector.
- Cotton and sugar commodities. // High Plains Journal;8/22/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 34, p2-C
The article presents a review of the cotton and sugar commodity markets of the U.S., presented by the commodities trading advisor, Agvisors LLC.
- The Markets: A review. // Colourage;Jan1998, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p75
A sector-by-sector review of textile market conditions in India as of January 1998 is presented. Sectors reviewed are the cotton textiles, jute goods and the man-made sectors. Production of spun yarn increased at the rate of 20 percent in October 1997. Fabrics production in the decentralized...
- Textile exports continue to decline, industry denounces market barriers. // Man-Made Textiles in India;Oct2015, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p394
The article reports on the continuous decline in cotton textile exports in India, according to data from the Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council (TEXPROCIL).