Open heart landfill surgery: A critical connection
- Jackson opposes landfill. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;09/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p1
Reports on Reverend Jesse Jackson's opposition to the proposed construction of a landfill to a historic voting rights trail between Montgomery and Selma, Alabama. Jackson's concerns on the balance between the economic and environmental impact of the proposed landfill; Other issues tackled by...
- Shades of gray in Crimson country. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;02/26/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p11
Focuses on the landfill battle in Lowndesboro, Alabama. Local opposition to developer Lanny Young's proposal to site a landfill in the area; Opponents' alleged use of the area's civil rights history as a way to stop the project; Mayor John Nichols' leadership of a group against the landfill.
- Waste firm wins Fla. victory. Peltier, Michael // Waste News;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the plan of Omni Waste Inc. to build a landfill in central Florida. Settlement of a lawsuit about the denial of a construction permit; Reversal of an earlier rejection by the Osceola County Commission due to environmental concerns.
- Waste Management begins building Quebec landfill gas facility. Gerlat, Allan // Waste Age Expert Blog;9/16/2011, p1
The article reports that Waste Management has begun construction of a 13 million U.S. dollar landfill gas-to-energy facility near Drummondville, Quebec which is expected to begin operations in 2012 and generate 7.6 megawatts of electricity annually.
- PDEP Extends Comment Period On Alliance Sanitary Landfill. // Solid Waste Report;2/2/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the decision of the Pennsylvania Deparment of Environmental Protection to extend the public comment period for the proposed Alliance Sanitary Landfill expansion in Tayor, Lackawanna County until February 22, 2010.
- MINNESOTA: MISCELLANEOUS. // Construction Bulletin;3/22/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 12, p18
Presents other contracts for work and labor in Minnesota. Traffic Management message signs of the Minnesota State Department of Transportation, Plans and Proposals; Tellijohn sanitary landfill gas system of Minnesota Pollution Control Agency; Historic Saint Paul central library of the Saint...
- Pennsylvania DEP Approves Permit Modification for Wayne Township. // Solid Waste Report;11/3/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p6
The article reports that the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection ( DEP) approved a permit modification for the expansion of the Wayne Township Landfill in Clinton County.
- Pennsylvania DEP Okays First Phase Of Sandy Run Landfill Expansion. // Solid Waste Report;3/17/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection's approval of the first phase of the Sandy Run Landfill expansion in Broad Top township.
- Manifest destiny. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;04/26/99, Vol. 4 Issue 50, p5
Focuses on the ruling of the Vermont Supreme Court on the right of the Chittenden Solid Waste District to take a portion of land from Hinesburg Sand and Gravel Co. for conversion into a landfill. Cash compensation for the property; Plan of Hinesburg to appeal the decision.