Integrated waste systems: Making the puzzle work
- Tiered system spares little transfer stations. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;11/18/96, Vol. 2 Issue 27, p6
States that California officials have simplified the permit application process for transfer stations that do no processing and receive 60 cubicle yards of less a day. Reasons why the permit was simplified; How these permits can be obtained; Details on the presence of limited transfer-station...
- San Jose stays ahead of waste curve. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;12/16/96, Vol. 2 Issue 31, p11
Focuses on the integrated waste-management law, AB 939 for San Jose, California. Designation of the law; What the law pertains to; Benefits to be derived from this law; Comments from Ellen D. Ryan, integrated-waste management program manager.
- At the crossroads of change Porter, J. Winston // Waste Age;Aug1988, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p44
No abstract available.
- Fairgrounds Earn First-Ever Recycling Award. // San Diego Business Journal;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p26
Reports on the State Agency Recycling Recognition of the Year Award given by the California Integrated Waste Management Board to Del Mar Fairgrounds. Standards for waste reduction; Other programs of the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
- CIWMB Honors Organizations for Waste Reduction, Recycling Efforts. // Solid Waste Report;12/15/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that the California Integrated Waste Management Board has named 263 businesses and nonprofit organizations as recipients of the 2009 Waste Reduction Awards Program (WRAP).
- Opportunity in Vhembe. // Urban Green File;Feb2012, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p41
The article reports on the move by the Vhembe District Municipality in Limpopo, South Africa to readvertise a tender calling for proposals from professional service providers to develop an Integrated Waste Management Plan for the district.
- DEVELOPMENT OF A DATA BASE MODEL FOR THE SYSTEMATIZATION OF INTEGRATED MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT. Ramos, Sonia I. Portalupi; Braga, M. Cristina Borba // Proceedings of the International Conference on Waste Technology ;2007, p121
This research was carried out in 17 municipal districts of the State of Parana, Brazil, with population up to 250 thousand inhabitants. The municipal districts were chosen based on peculiar characteristics of six different regions of the State. The development of the field research was carried...
- Calif. uses old tires to shore up levee. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;07/05/99, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the California Integrated Waste Management Board's decision to foot the bill for an experimental water-proof barrier of waste tires that will be installed in the levee of an irrigation canal in Gridley, California. Efforts to find a new method of disposing waste tires; Estimated cost...
- Calif. retreaders seek relief from rule. Fedchenko, Vera // Tire Business;7/21/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p3
Following meetings with the California Integrated Waste Management Board, Tire Retread Information Bureau Managing Director Harvey Brodsky is optimistic that California retreaders will gain some "relief" from an unwieldy tire policy. Because retread casings fall under the waste tire definition,...