Getting the best bang for the waste buck
- Ga. county privatizes site. Brown, Bob // Waste News;02/08/99, Vol. 4 Issue 39, p4
Reports that Crisp County, Georgia, has handed control of its $54 million integrated waste processing center to Atlanta-based Municipal Waste Management LLC (MWM). Expansion of MWM's role by the county Solid Waste Management Authority; MWM's advise in selling recyclables recovered at the...
- Virginia trash tariff meets resistance. Gust, Steve // Waste News;01/31/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p20
Reports on the Southeastern Public Service Authority's consideration of easing disposal fees for loose yard and home waste at its landfill and transfer stations in southeastern Virginia. Minimum fee for disposal; Residents' complaint about the dumping fee; Number of transfer stations operated...
- Idaho county plans intermodal transfer station. Acohido, Byron // Waste News;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p14
Reports that Kootenai County, Idaho, has secured an option to purchase a parcel of land north of Coeur d'Alene to build a proposed refuse transfer station with truck and rail access. Location of the property; Railroad's agreement to provide a rail spur and intermodal loading dock on the site;...
- Solid waste management plan on the go. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;10/26/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p2
Reports on the Puerto Rico Solid Waste Management Authority's future waste management projects which received funding from the Government Development Bank. Project details; Types of waste disposal facilities included in the projects.
- Mich. county plan centers on station. Hayhurst, Tracy // Waste News;05/01/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p11
Reports on Oakland County, Michigan's rejection of a waste management plan following conflicts over the use of trash transfer sites in Madison Heights. Disputes over proposals to change Madison Heights' designation as a waste processing facility; Plans of the county to expand countrywide...
- Pollution solution. Haddad, Reem // New Internationalist;Apr2000, Issue 322, p3
Focuses on the development of a composting machine used for solving the waste problem in Kfar Sir, Lebanon. Description of the machine; Creation of the machine by engineer Ziad Abi Shaker; Machine mechanics; Reputation of Kfar Sir as the first village to discover quick composting.
- Fla. county seeks disposal options. Peltier, Michael // Waste News;10/26/98, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p25
Reports on Osceola County, Florida officials' assessment of options to handle the county's solid waste. Consideration of shipping waste out of the county and developing a system that includes recycling and handling waste from the county's two major municipalities; Advantages of building a...
- Virginia County Misses New York City Trash. Webb, Steve // Waste Age;May99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p77
Focuses on the revenue potentials for the refuse disposal facilities in Charles City County, Virginia if the New York City government to decides to export its trash to the area. Value of the trash disposal fees.
- Compacting the Problem. Roberts, Carol // Waste Age;May99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p224
Profiles the refuse disposal transfer station in Jefferson County, Washington. Identification of operational problems encountered by the facility; Equipment installed to improve waste management operations. INSET: Jefferson County Profile.