Include the customer in your safety plan
- Report sees S. Calif. landfill woes. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;02/01/99, Vol. 4 Issue 38, p4
Reports on the landfill problems in Southern California. Plans to buy rights to future disposal facilities; Effects of state-mandated recycling; Development of material recovery facility.
- Canadian province slashes landfill rate. Hayhurst, Tracy // Waste News;03/06/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p11
Reports that Winnipeg, Manitoba, City Council officials have cut landfill tipping fees almost in half to counter reductions on tonnage and revenue. Fee schedule for the Brady Road landfill; Rate for waste from other municipalities; Landfill tipping fees charged by Browning-Ferris Industries Inc.
- Expansion plans. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;06/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the expansion plans of CDT landfill in Joliet, Illinois. Plans to garner local and state permission; Last shipments of municipal solid wastes.
- County plans to close `high-risk' landfill. Killman, Curtis // Waste News;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p11
Reports that Prince William County, Virginia, is forwarding additional data to landfill regulators after the county's Independent Hill landfill scored high on a risk assessment. Planned closure of the landfill in 2001; Landfills deemed high-risk by the Department of Environmental Quality; State...
- Idaho county weighs landfill. Killman, Curtis // Waste News;11/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the plan of Latah County, Ohio officials to build its own regional landfill. Feasibility study that will be conducted; Amount of money being paid by the county for trash disposal.
- LARGEST LANDFILLS. // Waste News;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p12
Presents a state by state listing of the largest landfills in the United States. State/facility; Location; Owner/operator; 1999 tonnage.
- TOP 10 LARGEST LANDFILLS. // Waste News;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p14
Lists the top ten largest landfills in the United States, ranked by tonnage received in 1999. Puente Hills, Whittier, California; Fresh Kills, New York City; GROWS, Morrisville, Pennsylvania.
- TOP 25 LARGEST LANDFILLS. // Waste News;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p15
Lists the top 25 largest landfills in the United States, ranked by remaining capacity. Apex, Clark County, Nevada; Altamont, Livermore, California; Columbia Ridge, Arlington, Oregon.
- Landfill crunch. Gust, Steve // Waste News;04/16/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p18
Reports that town officials of Queen Creek, a city in southeastern Phoenix, Arizona are in search of alternative dump sites in preparation for the anticipated closure of the city's landfill. Concern over the increase in illegal dumping; Plan of Allied Waste Industries Inc. to close the landfill.