Project Learning Tree develops solid waste branch
- The Ida Cason Callaway Foundation. // Atlanta;Jun2002, Vol. 42 Issue 2, Callaway Gardens p8
Features the services of the Ida Cason Callaway Foundation in Georgia. Formation of the foundation for the benefit of mankind; Focus of the foundation in land stewardship and environmental education; Extension of services to help produce financial support for the foundation.
- SWAmP'ed in headlines. // Environmental Action;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the Environmental Action Foundation's implementation of Solid Waste Alternatives Project to keep source reduction in the forefront of the solid waste debate.
- A Defining Moment. Wolpin, Bill // Waste Age;Dec2001, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p4
Comments on the lack of definition in the solid waste industry in Washington D.C. Role of Environmental Research and Education Foundation; Aspects of solid waste; Emphasis on people and organizations handling the waste.
- The U.S. Solid Waste Industry: How BiG is It? Repa, Edward W. // Waste Age;Dec2001, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p60
Reports the results of the study on the size of United States solid waste industry by the Environmental Research and Education Foundation. Difficulty of measuring the size due industry players in the market; Emphasis on the contract with R.W. Beck Inc; Components of defining the industry.
- Anacostia Watershed Society. // Washingtonian Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p88
The article offers information on the charity Anacostia Watershed Society in Washington. The group is focused on restoring the Anacostia River to a swimmable and fishable condition. It runs hands-on restoration, environmental education and advocacy. Information on how a volunteer can help and...
- Windstar Foundation choices symposium to be August 26-28. // International Wildlife;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p27
Reports on the hosting of an environmental education weekend for families in Aspen, Colo. on August 26 to 28, 1994 by singer John Denver and the Windstar Foundation. Choices Symposium focusing on `The Human Family'; Activities; Speakers and performers.
- Foundations Invest Cautiously in Public Education Innovations. LEWINGTON, JENNIFER // Education Canada;2009 Theme Special Issue, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p40
No abstract available.
- Using the Harlem neighborhoods as a learning tool. // New York Amsterdam News;03/23/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p35
Reports on the environment education program sponsored by the New York Landmarks Preservation Foundation and the New York Foundation in New York City. Extension of support for public schools; Initiative to spread community awareness on historic-site preservation issues.
- Trust launches grants for outdoor work. // Gay Times (09506101);Oct2005 Special Issue, Issue 325, p78
Focuses on the Tanya Fund, created in memory of Tanya Bocking, which aims to raise money through gifts and donations, which organisers hope will help pay for training and qualification courses required by outdoor leaders and help ensure a greater diversity of role models working in outdoor...