TACTICAL PERIODIZATION: MOURINHO'S BEST-KEPT SECRET?
- The Mourinho Mystique. Martin, Jay // Soccer Journal;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p5
The article explores the coaching strategies of soccer coach JosÃ© Mourinho that made him a success in the field. It discusses Mourinho's use of the "Global Method of Coaching Soccer" which suggests that the coach must integrate all four pillars of soccer into each exercise. The four pillars...
- TACTICAL THINKING WITH JOSÃ‰ MOURINHO. Koons, Brandon // Soccer Journal;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p18
The article offers information on the session that was held from July 29 to July 31, 2012 on the University of California (UCLA) campus, Los Angeles, California. It mentions the two Real Madrid training sessions and a lecture from JosÃ‰ Mourinho. It gives a detailed information regarding the...
- The Backward Fading of a Chain. Maher, Alan // Soccer Journal;May/Jun2007, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p50
The article discusses the concept of the so-called backward fading of a chain in soccer training. The author cites two examples of the concept, such as having two players standing roughly 10 yards apart and drop kick a ball back and forth, to the hands. Then each player takes one step back until...
- MANAGERIAL MASTERCLASS. // Australian FourFourTwo;Aug2010, Issue 58, p25
The article describes Jose Mourinho's style of coaching football in which as a defensive coach, he sets up a shape which ensures that his team does not concede, applies either the 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 system of play, and just sticks to the two systems despite personnel changes or in-game strategies.
- Five Favorite Practices from JosÃ© Mourinho. // Soccer Journal;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p50
The article presents the five favorite practices from soccer coach JosÃ© Mourinho that is picked from the 39 activities used by him with the first team and the Academy teams.
- Mission impossible for Rafa Benitez. Rossi, Ricardo // Australian FourFourTwo;Aug2010, Issue 58, p83
The article announces that ex-Liverpool Manager Rafael Benitez was chosen to replace the resigned Jose Mourinho as the coach of Inter.
- THE WORLD'S BIGGEST CLUB HASN'T WON ANYTHING IN YEARS. // Four Four Two;Aug2010, p84
The article presents problems and solutions faced by soccer coach Jose Mourinho in Madrid, Spain. It notes that galacticos are investments which are necessary for the financial success of a whole project that have to be displayed. It also notes that the first day Mourinho took over at Porto,...
- Gender Differences and Coaching Dynamics: Three Takes. Hull, Neil // Soccer Journal;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p28
The article offers information on the coaching strategies applied to men and women soccer players. It comments that same coaching techniques are applied for both male and female soccer players, despite biological and psychological differences between the genders. It comments that coaches who...
- PASS, MOVE ANDâ€¦PASS. // Four Four Two;Sep2012, Issue 219, p136
The article presents the third of a six-week training programme to prepare soccer players for the 2012-13 season. The drill helps soccer players develop dribbling and passing skills and form strong partnerships within the team. The exercise's multi-directional movements help improve performance...