Make your own shunts!
- Simple circuit provides 5V gate bias from -- 48V. Hadden, Will // EDN;9/19/2002, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p108
Focuses on the design of the electric circuit giving a five voltage gate bias from 48 volts. Values of the sum of the charge-pump and shunt-references; Voltage maintained by shunt reference; Output current of the five volts supply.
- Conversion process for passivating current shunting paths in amorphous silicon alloy solar cells. Nath, P.; Hoffman, K.; Vogeli, C.; Ovshinsky, S. R. // Applied Physics Letters;9/12/1988, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p986
A process is described which provides a simple, automatic means for quickly reducing the deleterious effects of shunts in completed thin-film solar cells. The method has been used to passivate current shunting defects in large area, mass produced solar cells made from amorphous silicon alloys....
- Mini glaucoma shunt offers rapid procedure for open-angle glaucoma. // Ophthalmology Times;9/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p70
Introduces the Ex-PRESS mini glaucoma shunt from CIBA Vision Corp. Product specifications; Usability of the product on eye surgical treatments; Availability of the product.
- Measurement of the critical current distribution for the resistively shunted junctions. Tarutani, Y.; Hasegawa, H.; Fukazawa, T.; Takagi, K. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/1/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p5000
Presents a study to investigate a measurement method for the critical-current distribution of the resistively shunted junction. Methodology used to conduct study; Indication of findings; Discussion on results.
- Balance of power. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;4/ 9/2014, p1
The article reviews and outlines features of the Variable Shunt Reactor (VSR), an equipment for voltage stabilization during high energy transmissions, manufactured by ABB Ltd., a Switzerland based power and automation technology firm.
- Current-Shunt Monitor Modulates Fan Speed. Steele, Jerry // Electronic Design;9/15/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 20, p72
Features the electronic circuit design for modulating cooling-fan speed. Comparison of the IC1 pulse-width approach based on system current and thermal fan-control method; Discussion of the flow of function of the circuit design; Nominal frequency required for the design.
- Globally Stable Control of Three-phase Three-wire Shunt Active Power Filters. Hasan K�m�rc�gil; Osman K�krer // Electrical Engineering;May2007, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p411
Abstractï¿½ï¿½This paper proposes a new control strategy for three-phase three-wire shunt active power filters. The idea in this strategy is to form an energy-like Lyapunov function in terms of the active filter states and then determine the control law that makes the time derivative of...
- A NOVEL DESIGN OF MODIFIED COMPOSITE RIGHT/LEFT-HANDED UNIT CELL. Ramezanpour, S.; Nikmehr, S.; Poorziad, A. // Progress in Electromagnetics Research M;Nov2011, Vol. 20, p13
Design procedure for a modified Composite Right/Left Handed (CRLH) unit cell is represented. The ferroelectric interdigital capacitor (IDC) is used as a tuned capacitor, and spiral inductor is utilized to implement inductors. A modified CRLH unit cell is attained by moving the shunt inductor of...
- Simple Circuit Turns PWM Into A Digitally Adjustable Precision Reference. MALLY, RICK // Electronic Design;12/6/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 15, p60
The article describes a circuit for electronics design that uses LM431 shunt regulator to carry out a second-order Sallen Key low pass filter along with a level shifter and converts a 5-V pulse width modulation (PWM) signal to a direct current value.