Make your own shunts!
- Current-Shunt Monitor Modulates Fan Speed. Steele, Jerry // Electronic Design;9/15/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 20, p72
Features the electronic circuit design for modulating cooling-fan speed. Comparison of the IC1 pulse-width approach based on system current and thermal fan-control method; Discussion of the flow of function of the circuit design; Nominal frequency required for the design.
- Mini glaucoma shunt offers rapid procedure for open-angle glaucoma. // Ophthalmology Times;9/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p70
Introduces the Ex-PRESS mini glaucoma shunt from CIBA Vision Corp. Product specifications; Usability of the product on eye surgical treatments; Availability of the product.
- Measurement of the critical current distribution for the resistively shunted junctions. Tarutani, Y.; Hasegawa, H.; Fukazawa, T.; Takagi, K. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/1/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p5000
Presents a study to investigate a measurement method for the critical-current distribution of the resistively shunted junction. Methodology used to conduct study; Indication of findings; Discussion on results.
- Simple circuit provides 5V gate bias from -- 48V. Hadden, Will // EDN;9/19/2002, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p108
Focuses on the design of the electric circuit giving a five voltage gate bias from 48 volts. Values of the sum of the charge-pump and shunt-references; Voltage maintained by shunt reference; Output current of the five volts supply.
- Conversion process for passivating current shunting paths in amorphous silicon alloy solar cells. Nath, P.; Hoffman, K.; Vogeli, C.; Ovshinsky, S. R. // Applied Physics Letters;9/12/1988, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p986
A process is described which provides a simple, automatic means for quickly reducing the deleterious effects of shunts in completed thin-film solar cells. The method has been used to passivate current shunting defects in large area, mass produced solar cells made from amorphous silicon alloys....
- Globally Stable Control of Three-phase Three-wire Shunt Active Power Filters. Hasan K�m�rc�gil; Osman K�krer // Electrical Engineering;May2007, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p411
Abstractï¿½ï¿½This paper proposes a new control strategy for three-phase three-wire shunt active power filters. The idea in this strategy is to form an energy-like Lyapunov function in terms of the active filter states and then determine the control law that makes the time derivative of...
- Development of a Fiber-Optic Current Sensor With Range-Changing Facility Using Shunt Configuration. Ghosh, A.; Gupta, P. B. D.; Mandal, A. K. // Fiber Optic Sensors & Systems;May2013, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p9
The article discusses a study on the use of shunt configuration for developing a fiber-optic current sensor with range-changing facility, published in the April 2013 issue of the "Sensors Journal."
- Raman spectrum method for characterization of pull-in voltages of graphene capacitive shunt switches. Li, Peng; You, Zheng; Cui, Tianhong // Applied Physics Letters;12/24/2012, Vol. 101 Issue 26, p263103
An approach using Raman spectrum method is reported to measure pull-in voltages of graphene capacitive shunt switches. When the bias excesses the pull-in voltage, the Raman spectrum's intensity largely decreases. Two factors that contribute to the intensity reduction are investigated. Moreover,...
- Supply uses ac to generate 5V, power-on reset. Sutterlin, Greg // EDN;5/16/2002, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p106
Presents a design for low-cost logic supply for powering microcontrollers. Application of a rectified and filtered alternating current to a high-input-voltage linear regulator; Usage of coupling capacitor in conjunction with a shunt regulator and power-on-reset circuitry; Simplifications of the...