Make your own shunts!
- Current-Shunt Monitor Modulates Fan Speed. Steele, Jerry // Electronic Design;9/15/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 20, p72
Features the electronic circuit design for modulating cooling-fan speed. Comparison of the IC1 pulse-width approach based on system current and thermal fan-control method; Discussion of the flow of function of the circuit design; Nominal frequency required for the design.
- Simple circuit provides 5V gate bias from -- 48V. Hadden, Will // EDN;9/19/2002, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p108
Focuses on the design of the electric circuit giving a five voltage gate bias from 48 volts. Values of the sum of the charge-pump and shunt-references; Voltage maintained by shunt reference; Output current of the five volts supply.
- Conversion process for passivating current shunting paths in amorphous silicon alloy solar cells. Nath, P.; Hoffman, K.; Vogeli, C.; Ovshinsky, S. R. // Applied Physics Letters;9/12/1988, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p986
A process is described which provides a simple, automatic means for quickly reducing the deleterious effects of shunts in completed thin-film solar cells. The method has been used to passivate current shunting defects in large area, mass produced solar cells made from amorphous silicon alloys....
- Mini glaucoma shunt offers rapid procedure for open-angle glaucoma. // Ophthalmology Times;9/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p70
Introduces the Ex-PRESS mini glaucoma shunt from CIBA Vision Corp. Product specifications; Usability of the product on eye surgical treatments; Availability of the product.
- Measurement of the critical current distribution for the resistively shunted junctions. Tarutani, Y.; Hasegawa, H.; Fukazawa, T.; Takagi, K. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/1/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p5000
Presents a study to investigate a measurement method for the critical-current distribution of the resistively shunted junction. Methodology used to conduct study; Indication of findings; Discussion on results.
- Balance of power. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;4/ 9/2014, p1
The article reviews and outlines features of the Variable Shunt Reactor (VSR), an equipment for voltage stabilization during high energy transmissions, manufactured by ABB Ltd., a Switzerland based power and automation technology firm.
- Globally Stable Control of Three-phase Three-wire Shunt Active Power Filters. Hasan K�m�rc�gil; Osman K�krer // Electrical Engineering;May2007, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p411
Abstractï¿½ï¿½This paper proposes a new control strategy for three-phase three-wire shunt active power filters. The idea in this strategy is to form an energy-like Lyapunov function in terms of the active filter states and then determine the control law that makes the time derivative of...
- Elevator Shunt Trip, Part 3. Winslow, Dan // Elevator World;Feb2011, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses the use of elevator shunt trip from a Canadian perspective. It explains why Canada has chosen to ignore the entire issue of shunt trip under the National Building Code of Canada. It provides information on some definitions in the model codes including elevator control,...
- A NOVEL DESIGN OF MODIFIED COMPOSITE RIGHT/LEFT-HANDED UNIT CELL. Ramezanpour, S.; Nikmehr, S.; Poorziad, A. // Progress in Electromagnetics Research M;Nov2011, Vol. 20, p13
Design procedure for a modified Composite Right/Left Handed (CRLH) unit cell is represented. The ferroelectric interdigital capacitor (IDC) is used as a tuned capacitor, and spiral inductor is utilized to implement inductors. A modified CRLH unit cell is attained by moving the shunt inductor of...