Residential Land Values and Walkability
- Same song, different words. Holding, Eric // Sustain' Magazine;2007, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p31
The article discusses how the Global + Local approaches blend universal sustainable principles with responses that address highly specific regional issues in Iceland. A project was undertaken in 2003 to extend the town of Gardabaer. After conducting several community-planning exercises, it was...
- ATLANTIC STATION: REALIZING THE VISION OF NEW URBANISM. Lasalle, Jones Lang // Retail Traffic;Dec2005, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p50
This article presents information on the new Atlantic Station at Atlanta, Georgia. The groundbreaking Atlantic Station mixed-use development translates New Urbanism's vision of a diverse, convenient and vibrant community into a striking reality. Today, after nearly eight years of planning,...
- Variety puts steel into community regeneration. Smith, Helen // Estates Gazette;5/14/2005, Issue 519, p78
Focuses on the increase in the number of mixed-used schemes that are under development in Great Britain from 2003 to 2005. Factors that contributed to the increased mixed-use development; Projected trends in mixed-use developments; Implications of the introduction of sustainability and...
- Green government? Craven, David // Estates Gazette;10/29/2011, Issue 1143, p78
The author explores his views on the proposed British policy initiatives to make commercial real estate more sustainable. He commends the work done about the National Planning Policy Framework's assumption for sustainable development. He presents a reality that the initiatives have failed to...
- Case study: The interaction between commercial objectives and conservation in a city-centre mixed-use development. Walker, Anthony // Journal of Retail & Leisure Property;Jun2003, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p32
A number of discernible trends have been emerging in the retail and leisure field arising from several different sources. Central government policy has sought through sequential testing to drive activities back into town centres, conservation interests have increased awareness of the significant...
- Half a million square foot complex to be built in Lindon. Rattle // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/06/99, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the construction of a theater, restaurant and retail complex in Lindon, Utah. Size of the facility; Number of movie screens; Location site; Property developer.
- Work on $2.5 million downtown Layton project expected to begin. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/12/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 50, p14
Reports on the scheduled construction of Kays Crossing, a mixed use commercial development in downtown Layton, Utah. Goal of the development project; Prospective tenants for the building; Estimated cost of the development project.
- AMSTERDAM REDEVELOPMENT UNDER CONSTRUCTION. // Elevator World;Jun2013, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p28
The article reports on the redevelopment plan for Amstel III on the southeast side of Amsterdam, Netherlands and is set to receive the Green Key Gold hallmark for sustainability and corporate responsibility for organizations in the recreation sector.
- Tower Hamlets frowns on 'opportunistic' application. Gibson, Robert // Estates Gazette;3/1/2003, Issue 309, p35
Deals with the concerns of the Tower Hamlets council on the proposed mixed-use tower on the Hertsmere House site in England. Budget for the tower; Backers of the Columbus Tower; Plans for the tower.