BIOANALYTICAL METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF VILDAGLIPTIN A NOVEL DIPEPTIDYL PEPTIDASE IV INHIBITOR BY RP-HPLC METHOD
- Outcomes trials indicate no cardiovascular risk for diabetes drug class. // Nature Reviews Drug Discovery;Oct2013, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p728
The article focuses on the report that the clinical trials of two dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors (DPP4) used to treat diabetes, such as saxagliptin and alogliptin, indicated that the two inhibitors are safe for the cardiovascular system.
- CLINICAL REVIEW. Saxagliptin: A dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Neumiller, Joshua J.; Campbell, R. Keith // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;9/15/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 18, p1515
Purpose. The pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, efficacy, safety, and dosage and administration of saxagliptin are reviewed. Summary. Saxagliptin is a selective, reversible inhibitor of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) approved for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. By inhibiting...
- First bite. Gorrell, Mark D. // Nature Structural Biology;Jan2003, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV), a potential therapeutic target in treating type 2 diabetes. Indication of the multiplicity of function of DPP-IV; Immunological function of DPP-IV; Structure of DPP-IV; Components of the DPP-IV gene family.
- Paper of the month. // Pulse;Oct2013, p15
The article discusses the two placebo-controlled trials on the use of saxagliptin in type 2 diabetes patients at high risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and alogliptin in diabetics with acute coronary event, suggesting that gliptins do not affect CV outcomes.
- Which patients are candidates for dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitors? Marrs, Joel C.; Saseen, Joseph J. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/15/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p1261
The author reflects on the symptoms of the dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP4) inhibitors among the patients in the U.S. These inhibitors are considered as the latest class of medications which will be developed for the management of diabetes and are the first oral agents that target incretin...
- Vildagliptin: A novel oral therapy for type 2 diabetes mellitus. Lauster, Colleen D.; McKaveney, Teresa P.; Muench, Sarah V. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/15/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p1265
Purpose. The pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, clinical efficacy, adverse effects, drug interactions, and role in therapy of vildagliptin for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus were reviewed. Summary. Vildagliptin is an agent in a new class of medications called dipeptidyl peptidase IV...
- Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 Inhibitors for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes: Focus On Sitagliptin. Herman, G. A.; Stein, P. P.; Thornberry, N. A.; Wagner, J. A. // Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics;May2007, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p761
Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors represent a new class of oral antihyperglycemic agents to treat patients with type 2 diabetes.1 DPP-4 inhibitors improve fasting and postprandial glycemic control without hypoglycemia or weight gain.1 This article focuses on the physiology, clinical...
- No Increased CV Events with DPP-4 Inhibitors. Buckley, Rita // MD Conference Express;Dec2011, p11
The article presents a study on the effects of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors on cardiovascular (CV) events in type 2 diabetes patients. It mentions that there are no increased CV events associated with DPP-4 inhibitors. It notes that DPP-4 inhibitors provides a possible protective...
- PIII-64. Wright, D.; Maes, A.; Yi, B.; Bergman, A. J.; Liu, Q.; Lasseter, K. C.; Gottesdiener, K. M.; Wagner, J. A.; Herman, G. A. // Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Feb2006, Vol. 79 Issue 2, pP76
Background: Sitagliptin is an orally active, potent and selective DPP-IV inhibitor in Phase III trials for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. DPP-IV inhibitors enhance levels of active GLP-1 and other incretins, facilitating glucose-dependent insulin secretion.Methods: 12 healthy young male and...