Causes and assessment of irregularities of MIG-arc-brazed joints
- Technology Notes. // Inspection Trends;Apr2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p14
The article presents updates on the amendments and corrections to documents pertaining to welding inspection in the U.S. as of April 2013. Changes are made to documents such as "Specification for Filler Metals for Brazing and Braze Welding" and "Specification for Carbon and Low-Alloy Steel Flux...
- Brazing Knowledge. // Welding Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p58
Provides information on brazing. Surface preparation; Fluxing which comes in liquid and paste forms; Placement of filler metals; Assembly of parts to be brazed; Problems to avoid in brazing.
- Educational Opportunities. // Welding Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p62
Presents the schedule of preparatory courses and examinations on CWI/CWE of the American Welding Society. Current Problems in Welding and Life of Structures; Brazing Training Seminars; Hobart Institute of Welding Technology.
- ED CRAIG'S Q&A. Craig, Ed // Gases & Welding Distributor;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p59
Presents question and answer advisory on cleaning gas-metal-arc welding (GMAW) spray. Discussion of the primary difference between oxygen and carbon dioxide; Production of ornamental iron fencing; Impact of the vertical up welds on GMAW arc stability.
- Fillets in Brazing: Good or Bad? Kay, Daniel // Welding Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p50
Provides information on braze fillet, a casting along the outside of a braze joint that shows the brazing filler metal (BFM) has melted and flowed along the edge of the joint. Functions of fillets; Desirable characteristics of fillets; Factors that influence the strength of a brazed joint;...
- AWS Brazing Handbook, Fifth Edition, Published. // Welding Journal;Mar2008, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p81
The article features the American Welding Society's (AWS) expanded fifth edition of "Brazing Handbook." The handbook is organized into three sections, namely fundamentals, processes and applications. Several topics discussed include brazement design, filler metals and fluxes, inspection of...
- QUESTIONS & ANSWERS. Craig, Ed // Welding Design & Fabrication;Sep2000, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p58
Answers questions related to welding in the United States. Use of an aluminum bronze rod with an oxy-acetylene brazing torch tip for rim cracks repair on circular saws; Tips on evaluating lower cost gas metal arc welding wires in drums; Influence of strong magnetic fields on gas metal arc...
- ED CRAIG'S Q&A. Craig, Ed // Welding Design & Fabrication;Oct2003, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p44
Presents an author's suggestions and comments in response to questions posted by the readers concerning the welding industry in the U.S. as of October 2003. Issues regarding weld procedures; Method of welding to be used on the rim cracks on circular saws; Concerns on the evaluation of...
- Consumable Double-Electrode GMAW - Part 1: The Process. Li, K. H.; Zhang, Y. M. // Welding Journal;Jan2008, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p11s
The article discusses the improvements of double-electrode gas metal arc welding (DE-GMAW) process by replacing its non-consumable tungsten electrode with a consumable welding wire electrode that resulted into consumable DE-GMAW. The process is developed to increase welding productivity while...