The Wimbledon Collection
- The doll people. McLaughlin, M. // Country Living;Mar1992, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p18
Recounts the author's memories of playing with paper dolls as a child. Choosing dolls and costumes; Games played with the dolls; Observation that paper dolls are becoming more adults' toys and collectors' items; Thoughts on why today's children are not as enthusiastic about paper dolls.
- Guatemalan worry dolls. Kavasch, E. Barrie // Faces (07491387);Mar1997, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p25
Presents information on worry dolls made in Guatemala for children or adults to use when anxious or worried. Belief associated with dolls; Directions for making dolls. INSET: You need..
- More dolls of color. Bryant, J.S. // Black Enterprise;Dec91, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p18
Comments on the fast sales growth of ethnic dolls. Impact of ethnic dolls on the toy manufacturing industry; Deal struck between Yla Eason, president of Olmec Corp. and Hasbro Inc. to infuse money into her 6-year-old firm; The `Imani' doll; Other black owned firms including Golden Ribbons...
- Dolls ring in the season. Reysen, Frank // Playthings;Nov97, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p40
Focuses on a variety of dolls. Where the dolls are sold; Prices of the dolls; Information on the dollar and unit sales for 1995 and 1996.
- Elisabeth. Richman, Molly // Contemporary Education;1996, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p126
Looks at the author's experience with her beloved doll `Elisabeth.' Who gave her the doll; Reason for calling her `Elisabeth'; The original attire of the doll; How Elisabeth lost her eyes; Replacement of the doll's eyes; How the doll's hair got cut; Replacement of the doll's hair; How the...
- How much is that dolly in the window? // Yankee;Dec92, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p31
Reports on the value of the little felt dolls with whimsical faces made by Annalee Thorndike of Meredith, New Hampshire. How Thorndike's doll-making business has grown; Recent auction prices of some of her dolls.
- Gorby gets all dolled up. // Scholastic Update;12/6/91, Vol. 124 Issue 7, p24
Features a new set of Russian nesting dolls, called `matryoshkas.' Focus on political figures that range in size according to power level; Comparison with traditional matryoshkas.
- Making harvest corn dollies. Kidd, Randy // Mother Earth News;Aug/Sep92, Issue 133, p41
Discusses how to properly make harvest corn dollies from corn stalks. Corn dollies were originally designed to represent the harvest gods; The first step to making them; Temper the stalks by soaking them for 20 to 40 minutes in cool to lukewarm water; A few different techniques used in...
- Lessons to be learned. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb1994, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p50
Introduces educational soft sculpture dolls. Angels in silver-lined clouds; Press 'n Dress clothes; Dolls with shapes and patterns; Roomies with Velcro body parts.