The Effect of Financial Leverage on Corporate Performance of Some Selected Companies in Nigeria
- Effects of Debt on the Degrees of Operating and Financial Leverage. Prezas, Alexandros P. // Financial Management (1972);Summer87, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p39
This paper examines the interactions between a firm's real and financing decisions, and the effect of capital structure changes on both the degree of operating leverage (DOL) and the degree of financial leverage (DFL). The price per unit of output, P, is exogenously given. As a result of its...
- The Impact of Leverage Levels on Firm's Performance and Profitability: a case of Pakistani Industries. Rasool, Waqas; Asif, Aasia; Kayani, Farheen; Zafar, Mohsin // Information Management & Business Review;Nov2011, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p242
This paper examines the relationship between the leverage levels, performance and profitability of the 19 Pakistanis firms with in three sectors, commercial banking, cement and fertilizer sector starting from 2004 to 2010. The purpose was to check the trends which are being followed by these...
- Earnings guidance for year reaffirmed. // Chain Drug Review;9/30/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p17
The article informs that Kroger Co. has reaffirmed its earnings per share guidance for the fiscal year 2013, after the performance of the company in the second quarter of the year.
- FLOTEK. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/11/2014, pA02
The article reports on the increase by 54% earnings per share (EPS) reported by the oilfield equipment and logistics company Flotek in the fourth quarter of 2013.
- POWERSECURE. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/11/2014, pA02
The article reports that Powersecure Inc., a utilities grid systems manufacturer, has recorded a decline on its earnings per share.
- Impact of Leverage on the Capital Structure Practices of Selected Telecommunication Companies. Singh, Sukhdev; Luthra, Rajni // Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics & Management;Sep2013, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p1
The main objective of this paper has been to analyze and understand the impact of leverage on the capital structure practices via profitability of selected telecommunication companies in India. This paper investigates the relationship between leverage and earning per share and it also describes...
- gearing effect (UK). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p117
A definition of the term "gearing effect" is presented. It refers to the impact of gearing on the earnings per share of capital structure.
- Comcast Xfinity Push Drives Strategy. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;10/31/2013, pA04
The article reports on the third quarter (Q3) financial performance of telecommunications company Comcast in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. According to Comcast, its Q3 earnings per share (EPS) declined by 2.4% while its stocks decreased by 1.3%. Meanwhile, the firm intends to decreased its video...
- A Reexamination of the Dividend Threshold. Peterson, Ryan; Whitworth, Jim // Academy of Business Research Journal;2013, Vol. 3, p45
Existing literature contends that earnings thresholds are important to firms because stakeholders use them to evaluate firm performance. Three prevalent thresholds that have been consistently supported in the literature are earnings around zero, prior year's earnings, and financial analysts'...