January deadline for Uno Quintet
- Uno bosses face disqualification. // Cabinet Maker;3/22/2002, Issue 5279, p1
Reports the involvement of five former directors of Uno Corp. over disqualification proceedings of the Manchester High Court in England. Involvement of merchandising director Elvin Isaacs in the controversy; Ground of the accusation against the directors.
- DTI solicitors call time on 'Uno five' trial deliberations. // Cabinet Maker;10/18/2002, Issue 5309, p1
Reports on the trail date against several directors of Uno Corp. in Great Britain. Disqualification of the directors by the department of trade and industry; Debt of the company and World of Leather; Accusations against the companies.
- Uno in last ditch effort to salvage failing fortunes. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p1
Reports on the massive financial restructuring of British upholstery retailer Uno to ensure its survival in the industry. Reduction of the company's `unfocused' product offer at Uno and the World of Leather which comprise the company; Situations that resulted to negative cash flows for the company.
- Another fine mess Uno management has got itself into. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p7
Focuses on the financial problems of British furniture company Uno. Uncertainty on the company's ability to convince suppliers that they will be paid; Sale of component World of Leather as an option for the company.
- Uno/WoL legal wrangle. // Cabinet Maker;06/09/2000, Issue 5191/5192, p3
Reports on the delay of delivery of furniture of British companies Uno and World of Leather due to a retention of title battle.
- Get tough on rogue directors. // Cabinet Maker;3/22/2002, Issue 5279, p1
Reports the action of consumer minister Melanie Johnson of the Department of Trade and Industry to ban the former Uno Corp. directors in England. Protection of the reputation of the retail furniture sector; Accusation on misleading the customer; Action for Insolvency Services of the company.
- Uno five seek extension for court date. // Cabinet Maker;2/7/2003, Issue 5323, p3
Reports on the request of the former directors of Uno Corp. for court date extension in Great Britain. Disqualification proceedings faced by the directors; Accusations of the Department of Trade and Industry against the directors; List of accused directors.
- Signs of upturn at Harveys and Uno. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;09/18/98, Issue 5106, p6
Reports on the sales of British furniture traders Harveys and Uno Corp., after the summer 1998 season. Results of trading in August; Expansion projects at Harveys' stores; Uno's expansion plans for its upholstery business.
- Profits soar at ScS while orders drop at uno. // Cabinet Maker;12/04/98, Issue 5117, p2
Reports on the financial performances of furniture retailers in Great Britain. Upholstery retailer Uno's warning about falling orders; Growth in operating profits of Uno's rival ScS; Decline in sales of furniture, beds and flooring of department store chain Allders.