- Wrap & roll goes mainstream. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Mar97, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p8
Examines the nutritional content of wraps, the food touted as the better alternative to sandwiches. Calorie and fat content; Comparison of the nutritional content of several wrap.
- THE FLUFFERNUTTER DEBATE. // Current Health 1;Dec2006, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p5
The article cites the intention of a Massachusetts legislator to consider the Marshmallow Fluffernutter sandwich as the state's official sandwich.
- A sandwich isn't just a sandwich anymore. Kulkarni, Karmeen // Diabetes in the News;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p36
Provides guidelines on how to prepare a healthy sandwich. Preparation in other parts of the world; Types of condiments to choose; Combining mayonnaise with mustard; Selection of meat, poultry and bean spreads; Moderation in portion sizes; Selection of whole grains or low calorie breads. INSETS:...
- Super sandwiches. // Diabetes in the News;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p39
Provides sandwich recipes. Mexican Pizza Sandwich; Veggie Melt Sandwich; Zucchini Pocket Sandwich; Cheesy Shrimp Sandwich.
- Sandwich spreads can make or break your low-fat creation. Kline, Caroline // Environmental Nutrition;Jul93, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p5
Gives tips on selecting low-fat and low-calorie sandwich spreads. Limiting use of mayonnaise; Trial of `reduced calorie' and `light' mayonnaise dressings; Use of `light' tartar sauce, mustard and non-fat dressings; Cutting off portion size; Ranking of spreads according to fat and calorie content.
- Summertime sandwich spreads swimming in fat. // Environmental Nutrition;Jul94, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p8
Compares the nutritional content of several brands of sandwich spreads. Calories from fat; Sodium content; Fat content; Cholesterol.
- Health recipe of the month. // Medical Update;Jul95, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p5
Presents a recipe entitled `Bruschetta Grande Sandwich.' Ingredients; Preparation procedure; Serving information.
- Better sandwiches. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Apr95, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p14
Presents recipes of sandwiches. Includes Black Beauty; Sort-of-Egg Salad; Tuna Salad with Capers; Horseradish Heaven; Veggie Pockets. INSET: Quick dish..
- Not-so-hot pockets. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Nov96, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p16
Features the Hot Pockets Super Deli Size Sandwich. Varieties.
- Between the slices. Liebman, Bonnie; Hurley, Jayne // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Sep98, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p12
Offers tips on how to make different kinds of sandwiches. Vegetable sandwiches; Bean sandwiches; Peanut butter; Cheese and cream cheese; Egg salad.