- Secretary Shipping appeals. // Cargo Talk;Mar2013, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p42
The article offers information on the Logistics Summit 2013, which was held on February 15 and 16 in New Delhi, India and organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- Europe lags on software. Atkinson, Helen // JoC Week;2/18/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p30
Compares the management of the European logistics technology companies with the U.S. competitors. Citations on the leading European companies specializing logistics technology; Estimation on the total market for logistics services in Europe; Increase on the Internet-based logistics services.
- Breaking New Ground. Atkinson, Helen // JoC Week;9/30/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 39, pL-22
Focuses on the logistics strategies used by warehouses according to a survey conducted by the International Warehouse Logistics Association. Geographic diversification; Vendor-managed inventory; tailoring of dedicated warehouse facilities.
- Developing a Theory of Reverse Logistics. Dowlatshahi, Shad // Interfaces;May/Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p143
Discusses the concept of reverse logistics and its importance as a profitable and sustainable business strategy. Insights for successful implementation of reverse logistics; Composition of strategic factors and operational factors; Knowledge about the keys to successful design and use of...
- Planning Ahead Ensures Your Plant Will Keep On Running. Trudeau, Ray // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 228 Issue 9, p35
Focuses on the importance of planning on industrial plant operations. Role of repair and logistics in minimizing the impact of maintenance downtime; Components of a total cost model; Basis of the premise of logistics and repair.
- Department of foodservice. Kochak, Jacqueline // Restaurant Business;01/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p43
Focuses on the increasing popularity of in-store restaurants in the United States. Combination of food, merchandise and entertainment; Strategic significance of the move for restaurant operators; Preference of retailers to rent spaces to foodservice operators; Extension of the operating hours...
- Making the Right Connection. Bartholomew, Doug // Transportation & Distribution;Feb99, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p73
States that many companies are looking to find better ways to integrate information from logistics into the rest of the business. Comments from analysts on what is driving the push to greater integration of logistics; Challenges in achieving tighter integration; Details on the experiences of...
- View from a changing landscape. Schwartz, Beth M. // Transportation & Distribution;Feb99, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p95
Looks at the logistics industry. Challenges and changes in the industry.
- Liquid assets. // Works Management;Apr2003, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p35
Focuses on the selection of Calidus-e from Open Business Solutions on the warehouses of drinks logistics business company Tradeteam in Great Britain. Evaluation of the warehousing system of the company; Ability of the system to support the business of the company.
- Pulling customers closer through logistics service. Stank, Theodore P.; Daugherty, Patricia J. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p74
Discusses the logistical processes involved in the distribution of products. Evidence to suggest that logistical offerings are falling short of the performance mark set by consumers; Presentation of a project that was undertaken to provide a better understanding of how logistics can be used to...