Views from a capital
- As marketing director you may have little real marketing to do. Scouller, Tony // Marketing (00253650);10/28/1999, p18
Attempts to define the job responsibilities of a marketing director. Differences between being a marketing director and working as a marketing manager; Catalytic board role of a marketing director; Marketing director's responsibility of providing the financial and personnel resources to get a...
- The GM's Role in Sales & Marketing. McCarthy, Tom // Lodging Hospitality;07/15/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p12
Outlines the leadership, monitoring and direct sales roles of general managers.
- Companies need to be patient with their marketing directors. Scouller, Tony // Marketing (00253650);4/12/2001, p18
Offers some insights into the challenges facing newly-appointed marketing directors. Principles that marketing directors should adhere to; Areas which newly-appointed marketing directors focus on; Schedule followed by marketing directors.
- The Changing Role of the Product Manager. // Management Review;Nov70, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p24
Reports on changes in the role of the product manager in the U.S. as of 1970. Promotion of the product manager from a clerk to a potent marketer; Increase complexity of what it takes to market a product; Need for the product manager to sell management into giving him authority; Pressures faced...
- Robert Speisman Remembered. Shor, Russ // JCK;Nov2001, Vol. 172 Issue 11, p20
Presents obituary of marketing manager Robert Speisman who died on September 11, 2001.
- Even life's lucky people don't get everything right. Scouller, Tony // Marketing (00253650);8/19/1999, p16
Comments on the role of a marketing director in a company's decision-making. Expertise of marketing directors in the industry; Problems to consider in studying consumer behavior; Cost of indecision to the company.
- CEO wannabes must expand skills. // Marketing News;01/29/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p10
Evaluates the requirements and qualifications of chief executive officers employed by different industries in the United States. Details on employee selection and recruitment; Comparison between a CEO with a high technology background and one with a marketing background; Views on the chances of...
- Carve out a niche. Enright, Allison // Marketing News;11/15/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p17
This article looks at trends in the marketing profession for 2005 in the U.S. Marketing salaries continued to experience modest gains in 2005, adding to the trend toward recovery seen in the years since the dot-com boom went bust. Moreover, Tracey Fuller, executive director of Creative Group,...
- Radio 1 takes a positive tack. Trickett, Eleanor // Campaign;11/20/98, Issue 47, p14
Discusses how Gail Nuttney, marketing manager at the radio station Radio 1, views her job. Responsibilities of Nuttney; Professional background of Nuttney; Work of Nuttney with Umbro at DMB&B and the Ministry of Sound at BMP DDB; Her views on advertising.