Digital daring for Sky on show
- Sony may join U.K. nets in battle over digital domain. Kaye, Jeff; Hirsig, Andrea // Hollywood Reporter;8/18/95, Vol. 338 Issue 30, p27
Reports on an alliance among major British terrestrial broadcasters and media companies aimed at stopping British Sky Broadcasting from gaining dominance in the forthcoming era of digital terrestrial television. Companies involved in the alliance; Setbacks in the Japanese broadcasting...
- SkyDigital signs up 1.8 million in surprise results. // Marketing (00253650);10/21/1999, p12
Reports that British television firm BSkyB has beaten market expectations by signing up 1.8 million customers for its Sky-Digital cable digital service. Number of subscribers of rival ONdigital.
- BSkyB plans ...6m autumn TV ad blitz to promote digital service. // Marketing Week;8/13/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p14
Reveals that in an effort to upgrade into digital television, BSkyB has spent 6 million pounds on television advertising in October 1998. Information on the company; Sale of four of BSkyB's channels; Identification of these channels.
- Digital contenders go head-on in all-out war for market share. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;8/6/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p17
Presents information on the deals being offered by the British Sky Broadcasting company and ONdigital company to consumers, which include decoder boxes, integrated television sets with built-in digital receivers. Value of the deal; Effective date of the launching of the deal by British Sky;...
- DIRECT CHOICE/SKYDIGITAL. Gordon, Paul // Marketing (00253650);5/11/2000, p17
Comments on the direct mail strategy of British television firm SkyDigital. Offer of a box which contains a SkyDigital remote control handset with a subscription proposition.
- Open for business. Cook, Richard // Campaign (UK);09/24/99, Issue 38, p34
Reports on the arrival of digital interactive television in Great Britain with the launch of the shopping platform called Open on Sky Digital. Controversy and debate hounding the entry of digital television; Comparison between digital interactive television and digital cable. INSETS: Open's...
- ITV finally hauls itself onto Sky's Astra plane. Clays, Dan // Marketing Week;3/29/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p16
Reports on ITV's decision to launch itself onto Sky's digital package. Benefits of incorporating ITV into Sky's digital package of channels; ITV's efforts to recoup its financial losses.
- ONdigital needs fuller line-up of free channels to attract viewers. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;10/21/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p17
Discusses the need for ONdigital television network to offer a fuller lineup of free channels in order to attract viewers in Great Britain. Substantial growth in subscription realized by digital television providers in Great Britain following its introduction in 1998; Comparison of the services...
- CWC, BSkyB join forces. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/97, Vol. 127 Issue 47, p68
Announces Great Britain-based Cable & Wireless Communications' plan to coordinate the launch of its digital service with DTH rival BSkyB when it launches its package in April 1998.