Family first for Wembley show
- New operating unit delivers better results. Forst, Leland I. // Supervision;Dec96, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on the emergence of a new business unit called the shared internal services. Concentration of common management practices in a business-oriented unit focused on delivering highest-value services at lowest cost to internal customers; Working examples; Clarified scope of responsibility;...
- Move your organization beyond internal conflict. Hays, Richard D. // NACD Directorship;Feb97, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the need for companies to focus on the issue of internal service. Internal conflict around quality and the cost of internal services; Functions of internal service units; Transforming conflict into problem solving; Internal service units become respected organizational contributions.
- Nonprofit would love to fill empty seat at your seminar. Benedict, Ruth // Crain's Detroit Business;5/13/96, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p23
Looks at suggestions by Jeanne Vogt, to companies wanting to fill seats when hosting in-house training for employees and managers. Strategic planning for metro Detroit's nonprofit community; Technical assistance provided through workshops by the Accounting Aid Society.
- Your hidden customers. Gallagher, Rich // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;07/07/97, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p8SB
Focuses on the importance of internal customer service to business success. Nurture of supplier relationships; Original equipment manufacturers and dealers; Financial partners; Employees and contractors; Network of contacts.
- How to choose the right in-house fulfillment system. Chilson, John // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/98 Supplement, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p157
Presents information on the in-house fulfillment system, while focusing on ways in which managers can choose the right in-house fulfillment system. Effects if the wrong system is chosen; Suggested ways to select the right in-house fulfillment systems for magazines.
- Have you considered insourcing? McWilliams, Brian S. // Across the Board;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p31
Discusses inhouse sourcing of business requirements. Method employed at Amoco Corp.; Distinction between shared services and centralization; Need to view shared internal services as customer-driven enterprises; Kinds of internal-support functions which are candidate for shared services.
- Wembley rejects fears over delays. Simon, Carina // Marketing Event;Jan2000, p8
Reports on the views of the holding company Wembley about the effect of a possible delay of construction on events held at the Wembley Arena and Wembley Conference and Exhibition Center in London, England. Cost of the stadium; Critics of the proposed stadium; Remarks from Peter Tudor, sales...
- MISSOURI. // Recommended Hotels, Inns & Resorts: North America, Bermuda, Cari;2003, p70
Highlights the Chase Park Plaza Hotel in Missouri. Contact information; Hotel services; Description of the hotel.
- Bringing payment processing in-house. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p6B
Reports on the use of fully integrated, flexible in-house payment processing that allows the ultimate in automation in the retail industry. Benefits of in-house payment processing; Selection of the right system. INSET: Hollywood Video results at a glance..