US buyer of LEP changes name
- LEP's cross-trade boom. Carding, Tony // Traffic World;02/10/97, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p45
Reports on the international forwarder LEP International's increasing of its cross-trade traffic. Services offered; Commodities handled by the company; Expectation on cross-trade traffic business; Company's service product named Brucargo Platform.
- Tracking purchase orders. Carding, Tony // Traffic World;04/14/97, Vol. 250 Issue 2, p40
Reports that LEP International has introduced the Purchase Order Management System software module to its FAST400 global information technology system. Features and functions of the product.
- LEP to extend EDI to U.S. Carding, Tony // Traffic World;07/14/97, Vol. 251 Issue 2, p24
Discloses that forwarding group LEP International plans to extend its electronic links with cargo-carrying airlines to the United States and Canada, following the successful inauguration of the system in Europe. Electronic linking of LEP to 62 airlines; Transmission of the firm's airwaybills...
- LEP plans Saudi growth. Carding, Tony // Traffic World;03/03/97, Vol. 249 Issue 9, p47
Reveals the plans of LEP International to expand and focus on the freight market in Saudi Arabia. Projected growth of freight volume in the country; Investment agreement made by LEP with International Logistics.
- Mid-East traffic grows. Carding, Tony // Traffic World;11/11/96, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p16
Reports on LEP International's strengthening of its presence in the Middle East in response to increased traffic with North America and Europe. Increases in the freight volume handled by LEP; LEP's strategic alliance with Globe Marine Services.
- New routes to Morocco. // Traffic World;05/05/97, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p45
Reports on LEP International's partnership with Elan Transport to create new airline routes from North America and Asia to Morocco. Terms of the agreement; Details of the route plans.
- In trucking and logistics, he hopes to be the next big driver. Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;1/20/97, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the efforts of the investor group International Logistics Limited, with the support of former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon, to build a $2-billion star in the logistics field. Acquisition of Bekins Company; Information on the group headed by Roger E. Payton.
- A welcome takeover. Carding, Tony // Traffic World;10/20/97, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p47
Reports that International Logistics Ltd. has now completed the purchase of the majority of the outstanding equity in LEP North America. International Logistics' acquisition of a 100 percent stake in LEP's minority interest; Option to increase in holding in the group; Comments from executives;...
- International Logistics buys LEP units. // Traffic World;11/11/96, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p16
Reports on International Logistics Ltd.'s purchase of LEP Profit International Inc.'s various international operations. Importance of the deal to International Logistics' expansion into the transportation industry; Capitalization plans for LEP.