- A New Era for a New NASCAR. Plagenhoef, Scott // Auto Racing Digest;Oct/Nov2003, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p6
Comments that evidence like revenues, television ratings and merchandising indicates that NASCAR is one of America's most beloved and successful sports, yet the connotations that it is a regional pursuit still exist.
- Indiana CU's Name Affixed To Local Stock Car Races. Messmore, Scott // Credit Union Journal;4/24/2006, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p8
The article reports on the sponsorship by Lampco Federal Credit Union (LFCU) of a class of racecars at the Anderson Speedway, in Anderson, Indiana. One of the branches of LFCU, which is located near the race track, has become one of the impetus for the sponsorship. A presentation by Anderson in...
- Classics on the High Street. Lillywhite, David // Octane;Mar2015, Issue 141, p8
The article reviews the sports car exhibition "Oundle Classic Sprint" held at Oundle, Northamptonshire, England as of January 24, 2015.
- Clubs diary. // Classic & Sports Car;Nov2014, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p22
A calendar of sports car events in Great Britain from October to November 2014 is presented including Swiss Classic British Car Meeting on October 4, Red Oktober at the Ace Cafe London on October 19, and Classic Vehicle Restoration Show at The Royal Bath and West Showground in Shepton Mallet...
- THE FASTEST NEWS ROUND-UP. // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;1/4/2012, p5
The article offers news briefs related to automobile racing worldwide as of January 4, 2012 on topics including sponsorship, new drivers, and race hosting.
- GOING OFF. Batchelor, David // Australian Auto Action;7/8/2009, Issue 1348, p31
The article reports that South Australian Off Roaders had the choice of two events on June 27-28, 2009 as the newly formed Limestone Coast Off-Road Club staged its first event, the Glenroy Plains Produce Enduro at Extreme 2WD racer Greg Gartner's Moorex property. Also, the Gawler Road Knights...
- RUSSIAN FUNDING. Cooper, Adam // AutoWeek;8/5/2013, Vol. 63 Issue 15, p0078
The article reports that the Sauber Formula One team could be saved from near financial collapse through an injection of funding from organizations bankrolled by the Russian government. It is noted that since former partner BMW withdrew from the sport at the end of 2009, Sauber has been short of...
- Prestone shows its love for motorsports through NHRA Route 66. // Aftermarket Business;May2000, Vol. 110 Issue 5, p66
Announces that Prestone Products Corp. will host the popular Route 66 Nationals in June 2000, at the Route 66 Raceway in nearby Joliet, Illinois. Comments from Prestone's Brian Holliday; Products that will be raffled each day; Drivers who will carry one or more of the brand's logos on their...
- Axing of F1 race worries backers. Thomas, Daniel // Marketing Week;10/14/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p15
Reports on the potential revolt facing Formula One from its sponsors in Great Britain should the British Grand Prix be eliminated from the schedule in 2005. Concerns of sponsors such as Vodafone on the possible cancellation of the race; Other companies boycotting the racing tournament if the...