Mitsubishi in golf day debut
- Mitsubishi bucks trend, tallies profit. Maskery, Mary Ann // Automotive News;11/8/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5525, p47
Reports on Mitsubishi Motors Corp.'s financial performance for its fiscal first half ended September 30, 1993. Drop in pre-tax and operating profit; Exchange rate losses and lower domestic sales as cause; Slight increase in exports; Forecast of pretax profit for the full fiscal year.
- Winning streak. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;12/11/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5636, p3
Presents information on the five year plan of the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation. Their victory in the Japanese corporate amateur baseball tournament; Uncertainty of whether Mitsubishi can maintain its momentum; Comments from President Nobuhisa Tsukahara. INSETS: Diamond flush.;Bumpy road ahead..
- Mitsubishi starts r&d company. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;2/26/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5647, p37
Reports that Mitsubishi Motors America Inc. has spun off its research and development and technology division into a new company, Mitsubishi Motors R&D of America Inc.
- Rally Wannabe. // AutoWeek;4/22/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 17, p22
Features the automobile Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Edition from Mitsubishi Motors Corp. Torque capacity; Performance of the car in the Road Test Data chart; Specifications of the transmission.
- Mitsubishi says bye-bye Chrysler. // Ward's Auto World;Nov95, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p25
Reports on the conversion of the Mitsubishi Motors Corp.'s assembly plant in Normal, Illinois to produce Mitsubishi vehicles only. Confirmation by chairman of Mitsubishi, Dr. Hirokazu Nakamura to terminate contract with Chrysler Corp. in producing sports coupes only; Planned expansions in output.
- MMC cuts jobs, platforms as losses mount. // Ward's Auto World;Apr98, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p12
States that as part of a cost-savings plan, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation President Katsuhiko Kawasoe will close plants, cut jobs and halve the number of vehicle platforms, in an effort to get the company back in the black. Information on decreasing Asian markets; Insight to the closure of...
- Mitsubishi settles harassment suit; studies new model, sees debt drop to `junk' status. Gardner, Greg // Ward's Auto World;Jul98, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p9
Presents information on issues relating to the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation. Details on a sexual harassment lawsuit which was filed against the company; Plans by the company to build a cross-over vehicle; Downgrading of the company's long-term debt to `junk' status by the Standard and Poor...
- Mitsubishi Strives for Quality. // Quality;Feb2002, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p12
Reports that Mitsubishi Motors Corp. has lengthened total vehicle development time. Advantages of a lengthened total vehicle development time; Remarks from Marcus Schwill, general manager of Mitsubishi's quality management system, about quality problems.
- Mitsubishi's EV program still on track, despite fire. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;3/25/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5651, p28
Reports that Mitsubishi is continuing its electric car program despite a fire at its Los Angeles test center in which its prototype hybrid electric vehicle was destroyed. Comments from Masanori, Tani, general manager of Mitsubishi's electronics engineering department.