EVA to spotlight SMEs
- Smart survives support call. // Professional Engineering;2/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the survival of the Smart awards range from the Department of Trade and Industry's (DTI) cull of its business support programs in Great Britain. Intention of the DTI to impose reforms and form a single program; Impact of Smart's popularity with small firms on the decision of the DTI...
- THE STUDY OF VENTURE CAPITAL FINANCE AND INVESTMENT BEHAVIOUR IN SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES. Mbhele, Thokozani Patmond // South African Journal of Economic & Management Sciences;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p94
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are often credited with innovative entrepreneurial practices and conceiving new market opportunities. Government has reinforced these positive economic externalities through policy programmes and designated support structures. Venture capital...
- THE GROWING TREND OF SMALL TO MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES ADOPTING ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING SYSTEMS: AN ANALYSIS OF BUSINESS CASES IN ZIMBABWE AND SOUTH AFRICA. Mukwasi, Carrington M.; Seymour, Lisa F. // Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics & Management Sciences;2014 Special Edition, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p138
A growing trend in developing countries is the implementation of ERP systems by SMEs. Yet, these implementations have high failure rates. This study investigated how ERP project investments are approached and justified by Small to Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) in Zimbabwe and South Africa. In...
- Requests for Quotations Released. // Small Business Advocate;May2015, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the announcement by the U.S. Small Business Administration's Office of Advocacy and the National Women's Business Council of the first in a series of solicitations for small business research.
- BOOT CAMPS AND BOLD EXPERIMENTS. MATTHEWS, MARK // ASEE Prism;Dec2014, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p06
The article discusses the author's views on the increasing gap between successful research and development of marketable products. He explains that research and researchers gain recognition over published articles, credible reputation, and research grants. The author thinks that boot camps have...
- Vixar and Lockheed Martin Collaborate On Neurostimulation Project. // POF Plastic Optical Fiber;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p2
The article reports on the collaboration of Vixar Inc. and Lockheed Martin on a neurostimulation project under a small business innovation research (SBIR) grant from the National Institute of Health (NIH). The NIH Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders has commissioned Vixar to...
- US ARMY SBIR PROGRAMS SPUR MICROWAVE INNOVATION. HINDLE, PATRICK // Microwave Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p66
The article focuses on the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program of the U.S. Army, which drives innovation of microwave related technologies. It states that SBIR program allows companies to create new products and technologies and improve from prototype to production. It mentions...
- The Rise of Game-Related Learning. // Business Officer;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the increase in investment in game-related proposals for the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) contract awards, part of the Institute of Education Sciences research division of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Use your business plan. Cunningham, Dwight // Crain's Detroit Business;8/30/93, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p2
Reports on the findings of a study on small business operations. Reduction of failure rate; Implementation of business plans; Incorporation of technology.