- Surf the wind. Higdon, H. // Boys' Life;Aug90, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p18
Examines windsurfing also known as board-sailing, America's fastest-growing summer sport. Number of people who tried the sport last year; Inventor; What the windsurfers were like in the early years; How it differs from surfing; Top board-sailors; Its addition as an Olympic Game in 1984. INSET:...
- Red sails in the Sunbelt. Williams, J. // Texas Monthly;Apr89, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p88
Discusses Corpus Christi's attempts to become the nation's capital for windsurfing, also called boardsailing and sailboarding. The `Corpus Christi Caller-Times' is sponsoring the US Open Sailboard Regatta over the Memorial Day weekend. Corpus Christi's benefits; Windsurfing's origins; Costs.
- Summer splash '89: Where there's a wind, there's a way. Robberson, K. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Jun89, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p35
Describes the pleasures of boardsailing, or windsurfing. INSET: To find out places to learn to windsurf, write to:..
- Room and board. Chase, L. // Women's Sports & Fitness;May/Jun90, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p32
Describes a four-day boardsailing course at the Divi Hotel on New Providence Island in the Bahamas. Includes a day-by-day account of a woman who participated in the course. INSET: Going sailing (windsurfing resorts)..
- Rigging your windsurf sail. Suwanda, S. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Apr91, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p66
Offers tips on how to get the maximum performance from your sail when windsurfing. Common rigging errors; Outhaul tension.
- `Beep me when the winds are primo' Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;4/13/95, Vol. 87 Issue 96, p1
Informs about the `Call of the Wind' beeper service in California. Details of the windsurfing technique; Information on windsurfing sites in Southern and Northern California; Comparison with other alternatives; Advantages; Subscription cost.
- Sailboards for beginners. // Consumer Reports;Jul85, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p384
Less than 20 years after the sailboard was patented, there are over 1 million enthusiasts worldwide. Here is an overview of the sport and the equipment available, for beginners, intermediates and family.
- Wind at your back. Dugard, Martin; Bean, Adam // Runner's World;June97, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p29
Presents information on windsurfing and its benefits. How windsurfing can help in running performance; What windsurfing can do to the body; Lessons available for windsurfing; Other information.
- Windsurfing on snow. // National Geographic World;Dec86, Issue 136, p3
Wind surfing on snow--a snow sailor uses special bindings and compares the experience to surfing on water.