The marketing event question and answer team is here to help
- The item that wouldn't leave. // Supervisory Management;Aug93, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p12
Gives advice on how to handle topics that often come up during meetings. Determination of topic's relevance; Time frame for action.
- From meeting breakers to meeting makers. Kemp, Jana M. // Training & Development;Oct94, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p16
Presents meeting-management tips. Description of meeting makers and meeting breakers; Qualities of a good contributor of ideas in meetings; Suggestions for mastering meeting skills. INSETS: Meeting breakers.;Resources on meeting management..
- Meetings, stressful meetings. Petrini, Catherine; Thomas, Rebecca // Training & Development;Oct95, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p11
Describes how meetings increase employee stress. Team-management tips for effective meetings.
- A solution for meeting ambivalence. Orbaugh, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/30/95, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p13B
Presents answers to questions on the ideal number and management of meetings for a company.
- Overcome Your Meeting Disorders. Geraci, Ron // Men's Health;Nov98, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p56
Presents tips on how to run an efficient, productive and homicide-free meeting. Best meeting times; Reminder when presenting any radical views.
- Managing meetings to manage your image. Chaney, Lillian H.; Lyden, Julie A. // Supervision;May98, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p13
Presents the guidelines for effective meeting management. Responsibilities of the meeting chairman; Characteristics of an effective participant in a meeting; Use of visual aids.
- Planning accessible conferences and meetings. // Teaching Exceptional Children;Summer94, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p65
Presents an ERIC/OSEP information brief for conference planners. Goal of the conference planner; Points to be considered during a site visit; Tips for planning social functions and meals; Points that enhance the accessibility of conference presentations for all participants with disabilities;...
- Lightening a moody meeting. Sorohan, Erica Gordon // Training & Development;Sep94, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p13
Presents suggestions on lightening a moody meeting. Avoiding negative attitudes; Injecting stress-releasing fun games; Techniques for people with negative comments.
- The new age agenda. Cole, Joanne // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Apr97, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on agenda as an effective tool that provides an outline and drives a meeting toward a focused, meaningful and productive consensus of opinion and action. Tips for keeping meetings on track with focused agendas according to Kathy Ardleigh of Ailes Communication; Lists of time-tested...
- Managing meeting minutes. // Secretary;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p14
Presents information on how to format the minutes of business meetings to keep them as cogent and brief as possible.