DTI backs new Brazilian event
- Complacency at the DTI-- but not conspiracy. // Accountancy;Sep72, Vol. 83 Issue 949, p4
Focuses on the allegations made against Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry on the misuse of power and allegedly aiding companies break the law. Details of the charges against the DIT put forth by Michael Nobel, Minister of Trade; Statistics provided on the misuse of power;...
- Dinosaur or dynamo? Blackhurst, Chris // Director (00123242);Apr96, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p37
Presents information on the reorganization of the British Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) under its leader Michael Heseltine. Criticism of the methods used by Heseltine; Information on his book, `Where There's a Will'; Comments from senior Cabinet ministers; Details on changes...
- Information Society Initiative. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Mar96, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the launching of the Information Society Initiative by Great Britain's Department of Trade & Industry (DTI). Development of information technology awareness programs for the accounting profession; Contact information.
- Call for LINK reform. Aldhous, P. // Nature;6/6/1991, Vol. 351 Issue 6326, p431
Reveals that the rules governing LINK, the largest United Kingdom government program supporting industrial/academic collaborative research, should be overhauled according to the government-appointed committee that oversees the program. Patent reform needed; Funding for industrial collaborators...
- Product liability in the USA. // Credit Management;Feb98, p22
Reports on the seminars that will be sponsored by the Department of Trade and Industry in London, Birmingham and Manchester, England. Schedule; Venue; Topics.
- Airports group leaves DTI. // Professional Engineering;09/16/98, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p12
Reports on Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry plans to spin off its office, to become an independent trade association by the end of 1998. Who will be appointed secretary general of the organization; Purpose of the organization.
- University researcher given a taste of life in industry. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;5/22/93, Vol. 138 Issue 1874, p8
Reports on the Senior Academics in Industry Scheme, which was conceived by the Department of Trade and Industry to break down barriers between universities and the private sector. Greater appreciation of the needs of industry; University of Plymouth robotics specialist Paul Robinson's six-month...
- UK national laboratories face new threat of privatization. Dickson, David // Nature;5/20/1993, Vol. 363 Issue 6426, p196
Informs that the five national laboratories run by Britain's Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) are again under scrutiny, just three years after they were turned into `executive agencies' and told to pay their way entirely through contracts with government departments and private industry. ...
- Rule change revives LINK. Aldhous, P. // Nature;12/13/1990, Vol. 348 Issue 6302, p575
States that the UK Department of Trade and Industry will no longer discourage applications to the government's LINK research program involving only one company. The change is designed to increase participation by small companies.