Games boost for Sydney till 2004
- Homebush Bay: Olympic masterplan. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the masterplan for the site of the 27th Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Public transport-driven design.
- Olympics 2000. Robberds, Mark // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p126
States that Sidney won the bid to host the Olympics 2000 because of rechecking and rethinking of the assumptions and estimates on the social and economic impact of the Olympic Games. Defeat by the Labor Party of the Liberal Party; Role of the Sydney Organising Committee of the Olympic Games;...
- Olympic achievement. Murray, Moss // Marketing Week;4/9/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p51
Anticipates the Olympics Games in 2000, which will be held in Sydney, Australia. Reference to statistics from the International Meetings Association; Comments made by Debra Rustom, the manager of meetings, conventions and incentives for the Australian Tourist Commission.
- Summer Olympics 2000. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p916
No abstract available.
- Summer Olympic Games in 1996. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p916
No abstract available.
- Sydney promises to stage better Olympics than Atlanta. // Christian Science Monitor;8/8/96, Vol. 88 Issue 178, p12
Reports on the plans of Australia's Olympic Committee in the staging of the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Plans to address security and transportation problems; Olympic venues.
- How green are the Sydney Olympics? Digby, Bob // Geodate;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
Looks at the possible effects of the 2000 Sydney Olympics on the area's economy, upon the people in Sydney and the environment. Economic cost of holding the Olympics; Proposal of holding the world's first `green' Olympics as the basis of Sydney's bid; Issues for the greening the Olympics;...
- Sydney builds for life after the Olympics. Donnan, Shawn // Christian Science Monitor;9/15/99, Vol. 91 Issue 203, p8
Relates news about the preparations for the Olympics being made in Newington, Australia.
- Green Olympics. // Futurist;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p52
Reports on Sydney Australia's proposal for environmental games in its bid to host the Olympic Games in the year 2000. Reaction of Antonio Samaranch, president of the International Olympic Committee (IOC); Component guidelines on environmental concerns; Contact information.
- Sydney Olympics: It's big, 'green,' and ready. Donnan, Shawn // Christian Science Monitor;7/18/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 165, p12
Discusses the constructive preparations in Sydney, New South Wales for the 2000 Summer Olympics.