New code alert for organisers
- Chicago moves to block 630. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/9/95, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the cease-and-desist order requested by Chicago, Illinois officials to block the implementation of the 630 area code. Opposition to the plan filed by Ameritech Corp.
- Busy signal: 847 area code filling up. Contos, Marianne // Crain's Chicago Business;02/24/97, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p1
Reports that the telephone area code 847, initiated in 1996 for the north and northwest suburbs of Chicago, Illinois to last until 2004, will be exhausted as early as mid-1998. Listing of the Chicago area codes; What attributed to the exhaustion of the code; Controversy relating to the issue;...
- Fresno County's fight for 209 area code not over yet. Franks, Jonathan // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/08/97, Issue 322196, p3
Reports on the steps taken by Fresno County, California to retain 209 as its area code. Refusal by Judge Thomas R. Pulsifer to dismiss the county's formal complaint against Pacific Bell; Objective of the telephone company in assigning new area codes.
- New area code--California's 23rd--splits off from 209 in Valley. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/07/98, Issue 322391, p8
Focuses on the introduction of a new telephone area code to service the telecommunication needs of central California. Growth in the number of additional phone numbers in the area which necessitated the implementation of another code; Schedule of the mandatory dialing period.
- Hey! That's my line! // Indiana Business Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6
Reports on the growing scarcity of telephone numbers in the 219 area code in Indiana. Factors attributed to the expected shortage; Course of action considered by the state Utiility Regulatory Commission.
- Beyond north vs. south. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;4/15/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p4
Focuses on complaints relating to telephone area code in Nevada. Imposition of fair share tax program; Conflict on postage stamp; Problem on both counties.
- New area codes a headache for some business marketers. Rubel, Chad // Marketing News;5/8/95, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p19
Reports on problems of the introduction of new telephone area codes for business-to-business marketers in the United States. Inability of companies with old public branch exchange phone systems to get through to marketers with new area codes; Effect on western Washington and southern Alabama;...
- NATIONAL AREA CODES. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/11/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p120
The article lists the national area codes in the U.S. including New Jersey, District of Columbia, and Connecticut.
- I hate when they do that. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;1/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the area code change for Des Plaines, Illinois, editorial office of `PHC Profit Report' on January 20, 1996. How the office can be reached.