Anti-smoking tour kicks off
- Department of Health earmarks 100m pounds for anti-smoking campaign. // Public Finance;12/17/99-1/6/2000, p16
Reports that the British Department of Health has launched a health campaign against smoking as part of its pledge to reduce cancer deaths in the country. Campaign duration; Goals; Activities.
- Is the DoH sending out the right smoke signals? Nettleton, Kate // Campaign;5/25/2007, Issue 21, p9
The article discusses issues related to the ban on smoking in Great Britain. According to the Department of Health (DoH) research, 90% were aware of the ban even before the advertising campaign "Smokefree England," co-ordinated by the Central Office of Information and managed by the DoH, got...
- Tobacco ad restrictions could cost millions. // In-Store;Jun2008, p6
The article reports on the estimate made by the Association of Convenience Stores (ACS) on the cost to be incurred by a ban on tobacco displays on the convenience industry. According to the ACS, the equipment needed to replace current displays and hide tobacco products could cost individual...
- Government revives 'bigger' and 'cleverer' Stoptober anti-smoking push. Joseph, Sebastian // Marketing Week (Online Edition);9/9/2013, p13
The article discusses the anti-smoking campaign by the Department of Health (DoH) in Great Britain from October 1 to 29, 2013. The campaign is a follow-up of the successful Stoptober which encouraged 160,000 people to stop smoking for 28 days. It was created by DoH's Public Health England and...
- IN BRIEF... // Community Practitioner;Feb2010, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the social health services in Great Britain. The Quit Kit was launched by the Department of Health to help smokers to stop. The conference entitled Healthier babies without tobacco will be hosted by the Queen's Nursing Institute to provide updated...
- POLICY DIGEST. // Independent Nurse;6/16/2008, p44
The article provides information regarding the consultation article which announces the government's intention to consult on the next steps in tobacco control and the further regulation of tobacco products, in line with the 2007 Cancer Reform Strategy by the Department of Health (DoH) in Great...
- GPs asked if they've time to be appraisers. // Pulse;5/27/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 21, p15
Presents an update on general practice in medicine in Great Britain as of May 27, 2002. Effort of LMC company to call for general practitioners (GP) to work as appraisers during their spare time; Recommendation of the Department of Health that appraisers should be GP tutors or trainers; Reasons...
- Marketing mishap Department of Health. // Marketing (00253650);1/26/2011, p4
The article offers updates on the Great Britain Department of Heath.
- Medicopolitical digest. Beecham, Linda // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/6/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7022, p59
Reports that the Department of Health was forced to amend its proposals for the service of the specialist registrar grade. Comment from David Wrede, a senior registrar in obstetrics and gynaecology in Birmingham. INSET: Specialist registrar grade..