Welsh venues boost
- Designing the voting system for the Council of the European Union. Leech, Dennis // Public Choice;Dec2002, Vol. 113 Issue 3/4, p437
Examines the Qualified Majority Voting system used by the Council of the European Union. Description on the system of Qualified Majority Voting; Outline of the measurement of power under weighted voting; Analysis on the distribution of voting power and the fair weights under the Nice Treaty.
- The presidency of the Council of the European Union. Schloh, Bernhard // Syracuse Journal of International Law & Commerce;Spring98, Vol. 25, p93
Discusses the functions of the president of the Council of Ministers of the European Union. Internal considerations of the presidency of the council; European Political Cooperation; Representation by the president in external relations.
- EU patent will become reality. // In-House Perspective;Apr2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p6
The article reports that the Council of the European Union has agreed to plans for a community patent.
- Cyprus President of European Union. Kent, Dave // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;8/10/2012, Vol. 208 Issue 16, p19
The article focuses on the economic agenda of the Republic of Cyprus after its assumption of the presidency of the Council of the European Union on July 1, 2012.
- Implementing Decision submits new drug 5-IT to EU-wide controls. Cunningham, Andrew; Gallegos, Ana // Drugnet Europe;Oct-Dec2013, Issue 84, p6
The article reports on the implementing Decision adopted by the Council of the European Union (EU) on October 7, 2013 to submit the psychoactive substance 5-(2-aminopropyl)indole (5-IT) to EU-wide control measures and criminal penalties.
- In brief. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/11/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the European Union Council of Foreign Ministers' endorsement of the EU-Moroccan Association Agreement. Establishment of a free trade area.
- Cardiff discussion. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;May/Jun98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p25
Presents an excerpt of the press statement issued by the European Union finance ministers at the Cardiff European Council meeting, held in the United Kingdom in 1998. Topics discussed at the meeting; Review of the meeting.
- EC adopts insurance directive. // Accountancy;Aug1992, Vol. 110 Issue 1188, p85
Reports on the European Union Council of Ministers' adoption of the third non-life insurance directive, which will create a single European market for non-life insurance.
- Lead contamination in honey. Nuthall, Keith; Osborn, Alan // Food & Drink Technology;Jun2015, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p11
The article reports that the European Union (EU) Council of Ministers has approved the European Commission's proposal of an EU-wide maximum level for lead in honey as of June 2015.