Exclusive data from our first salary survey
- Career paths at Sydney's Luna Park. // Youth Studies Australia;Autumn1995, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the agreement between the operators and workers at Luna Park in Sydney, New South Wales, on the provision of career paths for the park staff. Agreement on pay rates.
- Selection of Workers and Firm Heterogeneity. Hendrikse, George W. J. // Small Business Economics;Jun1992, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p105
A model based on differences between workers regarding their preferences for wage and leisure drives the heterogeneity of firms result. The more industrious workers are driven to small firms due to free riding in large firms. An industry consisting of small and large firms turns out to produce...
- Sweet & Sour. // Time;1/14/1966, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p96
The article focuses on the wages on an average employee in the U.S. It notes the decrease in an employee's take home pay by 1.19 dollars. It mentions the increase in the social security withholding cut on their take-home pay from 3.625 percent to 4.2 percent on January 1, 1966. It states that...
- Glam guard. Weissmann, Dan // Crain's Chicago Business;11/29/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p37
This article presents the profile of Danielle Leyson, door manager, Sound-Bar nightclub in Illinois. He has to walk up and down the line and talk to people about club etiquette, and making sure we're not over capacity, and everyone's 21 and everyone's dressed right. He is not afraid to jump in...
- East Midlands event. // Builders Merchants Journal;Dec95, p38
Reports that the Annual East Midlands Area Dinner dance will be held at the Royal Moat House International in Nottingham, England on the March 9, 1996.
- The fine art of juggling. // Current Health 1;Jan1992, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p28
Explains how to juggle. Development of hand-eye coordination and sense of balance; Practice with one ball; Tossing ball from hand to hand; Practice with two balls; Step-by-step instructions.
- Culture at our door. Wolcott, Jennifer // Christian Science Monitor;4/24/98, Vol. 90 Issue 104, pB1
Comments on the entertainment available to the author in the spring in Boston, Massachusetts. Reenactments of Revolutionary War battles; Patriot's Day; The Boston Marathon; Earth Day; Cultural events which occur in Boston.
- Come ride the carousel. Spruill, Nancy L. // Good Housekeeping;Jan1993, Vol. 216 Issue 1, pBIH2
Describes an antique wooden carousel located in Ocean City, Maryland which is owned and operated by the Trimper family. When it was assembled; Size of the carousel; Type of creatures; Hours of operation.
- Fun, American style. Eichenwald, Wes // Historic Traveler;Summer98, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p22
Presents information on Coney Island in New York City, New York and the amusements that it offers. Information on the Cyclone ride; Number of visitors that come annually to the New York Aquarium; How Coney Island got its name. INSET: Coney Island trip planner.