Primary prevention of colorectal cancer with low-dose aspirin in combination with endoscopy: a cost-effectiveness analysis
- Is the Effectiveness of Colonoscopy â€œGood Enoughâ€ for Population-Based Screening? Baxter, Nancy N.; Rabeneck, Linda // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;1/20/2010, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p70
The authors feel that the effectiveness of colonoscopy in preventing colorectal cancers is not sufficient to be exposed to the risks associated with the procedure. The rate of serious adverse complications, including death due to colonoscopy is considered high for use in the general population....
- Introduction of flexible sigmoidoscopy in screening a 'no-brainer', say experts. // Gastrointestinal Nursing;May2010, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p14
The article introduces the flexible sigmoidoscopy which is a bowel cancer screening used for prevention of colorectal cancer. It informs that this technique can detect pre-cancerous polyps, which can be removed before they turn into cancer. It also mentions that with this technique sedation or...
- Digestive Disease Week: New England Journal of Medicine. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/25/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information on a study related with efficacy of flexible sigmoidoscopy in reduction of colorectal cancer rates.
- Cost effective CRC screening strategies investigated. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;1/19/2013, Issue 670, p6
The article discusses research on the comparative effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of screening colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy and alternative strategies, referencing an article by R. N. Sharf and colleagues published in the December 18, 2012 issue of the "American Journal of Gastroenterology."
- Aspirin Use and Risk of Colorectal Cancer According to BRAF Mutation Status. Nishihara, Reiko; Lochhead, Paul; Kuchiba, Aya; Seungyoun Jung; Yamauchi, Mai; Xiaoyun Liao; Imamura, Yu; Zhi Rong Qian; Morikawa, Teppei; Wang, Molin; Spiegelman, Donna; Eunyoung Cho; Giovannucci, Edward; Fuchs, Charles S.; Chan, Andrew T.; Ogino, Shuji // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;6/26/2013, Vol. 309 Issue 24, p2563
Importance Aspirin use reduces the risk of colorectal carcinoma. Experimental evidence implicates a role of RAF kinases in up-regulation of prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 2 (PTGS2, cyclooxygenase 2), suggesting that BRAF-mutant colonic cells might be less sensitive to the antitumor effects...
- Study confirms benefits of colon cancer screening. Reyes, Damaso // New York Amsterdam News;3/29/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 13, p31
The article reports on a study which states that colonoscopy can reduce deaths due to colon cancer by 41 percent.
- PREVENTING COLON CANCER. Hall, Lynne L. // FDA Consumer;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p14
Discusses colon cancer prevention. Significance of screening and early detection; Discussion on virtual colonoscopy; Information on colorectal cancer and its risk factors; Signs and symptoms of the disease.
- Aspirin every other day keeps colon cancer away. // New Zealand Doctor;8/14/2013, p38
The article offers information on a study which reveals the potential of aspirin to reduce the risk of having colon cancer.
- Aspirin's next conquest: Does it prevent colon cancer? Smigel, Kara // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;2/2/94, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p166
Reports on the role of aspirin in the prevention of colon cancer. Background information; Unexpected results of study by Lynn Rosenberg and colleagues at the Slone Epidemiology Unit of the Boston University of Medicine in Massachusetts; Mechanism of action; Doubts.