M0x returned amid protests
- Plant falls far short of production capacity. // Professional Engineering;5/19/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p3
The article reports that the Mixed Oxide (Mox) fuel reprocessing plant at Sellafield, England falls short of its production capacity which is 120 tonnes of Mox fuel a year.
- FOREWORD. // OECD Papers;2005, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p3
A foreword to the publication which documents the studies on the mixed oxide fuel manufacturing process is presented.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. // OECD Papers;2005, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p7
The article presents an abstract of the report on the proposals for benchmark experiments to study the MOX fuel manufacturing process.
- Chapter 1: INTRODUCTION. // OECD Papers;2005, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p11
The article presents an introduction to the report on the proposals for benchmark experiments to study the MOX fuel manufacturing process.
- Mixing it up: American nuclear power gets a lesson in MOX. Davis, Kathleen // Electric Light & Power;May2003, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p1
Discusses the use of mixed oxide (MOX) fuel in relation to nuclear energy in the U.S. Contract signed by the Department of Energy with a consortium led by Duke Energy for the design of a commercial MOX fuel; Composition of the MOX nuclear fuel; Eventual deactivation of a mixed oxide fuel...
- Are nuclear flasks safe to fly? Edwards, Rob // New Scientist;10/14/95, Vol. 148 Issue 1999, p7
Reports that a loophole in transport regulations being drawn up by the International Atomic Energy Agency will allow fuel made from mixed uranium and plutonium oxides (MOX) to be flown in flasks that are weaker than those permitted for other forms of plutonium. Opposition from various...
- UK calls for new MOX enquiry. // Power Economics;Apr2001, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the progress of an investigation of the viability of a mixed oxide fuel (MOX) processing plant in Cumbria, England.
- Single crystal growth of (U[sub 1-x]Pu[sub x])O[sub 2] mixed oxides. Rebizant, J.; Bednarczyk, E.; Boulet, P.; Fuchs, C.; Wastin, F. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2000, Vol. 532 Issue 1, p355
Single crystals of MOX are certainly required for more detailed studies. To our knowledge, no single crystal growth of transuranium mixed oxides was reported. Then, continuing our efforts on pure actinide oxides started some twenty years ago,4 we successfully grew crystals of (U[sub 1-x]Pu[sub...
- Microscopic determination of the size distribution of PuO[sub 2]-rich zones and pores in MOX pellets with an image analysis system. Vandezande, J.; Pauwels, H.; Vandergheynst, A. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2000, Vol. 532 Issue 1, p340
In this paper, a method based on image analysis is presented for the microscopic determination of the PuO[sub 2]-rich zones and pores in MOX pellets. Both features are related to the microstructure of the fuel and its in-pile behavior. © 2000 American Institute of Physics.