LOUISIANA: Parish Projects
- From N.J. to N.Y. to Maine, It's Bond-Balloting Time. D'Ambrosio, Gillian; Piazza, Johanna; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p42
Reports on the major statewide bonding referendums among the northeastern states in the U.S. Imposition of bond ballot measures; Allocation of general obligation bonds for the capital city; Approval of debt-related constitutional questions.
- March 7 is looming closer -- determine your stance on issues. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;02/14/2000, Issue 322577, p38
Focuses on the government bond-related propositions to be decided by California voters during the March 7, 2000, election. Provisions of the proposed bond issues; Government projects to be financed by the bond issues.
- Open to Space. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p43
Reports on the proposal of Gov. Donald L. Carcieri to establish a referendum for an open-space bond for the 2004 ballot in Rhode Island.
- Rowlett's Laundry List. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p31
The article discusses the election held on May 13, 2005 by Rowlett, Texas voters regarding a $31.5 million general obligation bond proposal financing park projects, a library expansion, streetscaping, and the cleanup of silt and debris from Lake Ray Hubbard. Funding for parks and trail...
- Results Mixed In Midwest Bond Voting. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/7/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32106, p1
Reports on the result of the bond referendum in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. Predominance of a multimillion budget for open space preservation; Controversy over the use of bond; Citation on public expenses.
- Texas Dominates Nation's Bond Ballots. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p1
The article reports on the decision of voters on the $29 billion of bond referendums in the U.S. Texas bonds alone include $10 billion of state issues and another nearly $10 billion of local referendums, including major debt requests from several fast-growing school districts. Some voters will...
- N.J. Voters to Face $200 Million GO Question for Dams, Flood Control. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p4
Reports that New Jersey Governor, James E. McGreevey, signed into law a bill authorizing a ballot referendum for the sale of 200 million dollars of general obligation bonds with proceeds funding dam repairs, flood control projects and water resource improvements and is likely to be the only bond...
- NEVADA: Washoe Tax Hikes on Ballot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/20/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32904, p9
The article reports that the Washoe County Commission has voted to put a measure on the November 2008 general election ballot in Nevada. The commission ratified the recommendation to increase the sales and use tax and the tax on vehicle property levies. The two taxes will be used to support the...
- Economy, Jobs Take Center Stage in Region's Upcoming Ballots. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p32
Reports on the hold of several bond elections in the Middle West. Detection of fewer local bond issuers who bring ballot measures in a non-presidential election; Consideration of a bond proposal that combines a popular local capital funds program with a jobs program in Ohio; Inclusion in the...