GEORGIA: Ty Cobb's Hard Slide
- Georgia: Below Double-D. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/15/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31266, p39
Reports on the downgradation of revenue anticipation certificates for South Fulton Medical Center in Georgia by ratings agency Fitch Ratings Inc. Reasons for the downgradation; Ratings awarded to these certificates issued by the medical center.
- Fitch: Covered Bond Outlook Abroad Stable to Negative. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;2/8/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p7
The article reports on the securities ratings provided by Fitch Ratings Ltd. indicating that almost 20 out of 90 bond issuers are having negative outlooks or has a possibility to have a negative rating action as of February 8, 2010.
- CALIFORNIA: Trinity COPs No Longer Junk. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/24/2007, Vol. 261 Issue 32699, p9
The article reports on the return of the underlying rating for Trinity County certificates of participation (COP) to investment grade by Fitch Ratings in California. The upgrade affects the underlying rating for about $715,000 of county COPs. The COP was upgraded based on the county's transfer...
- Fitch Downgrades 400 More Subprime MBS, ABS Securities. // National Mortgage News;9/24/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p16
The article reports developments related to securities industry in the U.S. About 400 additional classes of subprime mortgage- and asset-backed securities have been downgraded by Fitch Ratings as a result of changes to its subprime loss forecasting assumptions. The rating on 46 46 tranches from...
- Fitch Announces MBS, CMBS Downgrades. // National Mortgage News;7/15/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p22
Reports on the downgrade of the mortgage pass through certificates series of Structured Asset Mortgage Investments Inc. by Fitch Ratings. Status of the Class B-4 and the Class B-3 certificates of the series; Cause of the downgrade; Downgrade of the commercial mortgage pass through certificates...
- PRIME CARD SECURITIES MAY RETAIN HIGH RATING IN DOWNTURN. // CardLine;12/26/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 52, p4
The article offers information on the ratings made by Fitch Ratings to credit card asset-backed securities in the U.S. According to Fitch, the securities that are rated "AAA" would retain the said rating even in the event of a 50% increase in charge-offs on prime credit card account receivables,...
- Downgrade for Thornburg Stock. // National Mortgage News;1/1/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p13
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. downgraded the preferred stock of Thornburg Mortgage Inc. of Santa Fe, New Mexico, from BB-minus to B-plus, as well as revised its rating outlook from positive to negative. Fitch also assigned a BB-minus rating to Thornburg's unsecured subordinate...
- Fitch Launches New Hybrid Ratings. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/9/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 38, p7
The article reports on the new rating criteria for hybrid securities launched by Fitch Ratings Inc. in the U.S. The new rating criteria, which took effect on September 27, 2006, applies to hybrids issued by all companies rated by Fitch. Financial analysts believed that it will bring greater...
- Investors on edge with correlation; Fitch counters with new tool. C.M.O. // Private Placement Letter;5/26/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the release of a rating tool from Fitch Ratings and a research paper from Nomura Securities Co. aimed at alerting the securities market to the overlooked dangers of correlation.