Ambac's David Boyle Elected to AFGI Chair
- Enron funds sought. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;10/21/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p53
Reports on the contract funds demanded by Enron Natural Gas Marketing Corp. (ENGMC) from American Public Energy Agency (APEA) in Nebraska. Responsibility of APEA to give termination payment to ENGMC: Surety bond purchased by ENGMC; Background on the deal between ENGMC and APEA.
- Court revises guaranty rule. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;05/11/98, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p1
Reports that California county governments can collect from the state guaranty association and could have a significant financial impact on a fund as well as the insurers that fund it according to an appellate court's finding. Indepth look at the April 20, 1998 ruling; Comments made by Thomas L....
- Minority-owned firms get fewer bonds. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/17/95, Vol. 234 Issue 15, p18
Reports on the trend in surety bonds according to the United States Geological Survey. Statistics; Denial of bonds to minority-owned firms; Survey by the National Association of Surety Bond Producers; Implications.
- Food processors for USDA donated commodities have access to new national surety bond program. // Insurance Advocate;06/08/96, Vol. 107 Issue 23, p10
Reports on a national surety bond program for food processor firms processing United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) donated commodities. Approach to bond requirements for processors; Expansions in the food processing industry.
- Sureties Shrug Off Economic Woes, Losses. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/21/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 21, p10
Focuses on the growth of the surety insurance market. Factors that will support the growth of the market; Approach used by surety companies to maintain revenue growth.
- Construction sureties: Don't put all your eggs in the equitable subrogation basket. Friedberg, Ronald P. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;1990, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p305
Analyzes the competing claims of a payment or performance bond surety and a construction lender to the undisbursed proceeds of a construction contract on which the general contractor has defaulted. Explanation of the doctrine of equitable subrogation; Surety-lender dispute; Development and...
- Calif. high court will rule on surety. Haggerty, Alfred G. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/20/93, Vol. 97 Issue 51, p4
Reports on the need for the California Supreme Court to decide on whether to exempt surety insurance from the major provisions of Proposition 103. Invalidity of AB 3798; Dissenting opinions; Statement from the government side.
- Cos. feel added guaranty fund costs. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/5/96, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p35
Reports on the increase of guaranty fund assessments in 1995 due to increased obligations related to Confederation Life, National Heritage Life and revised estimates of obligations tied to Executive Life. Effects on insurance companies; Projection of guaranty fund increases.
- Bonds. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/20/97 Supplement Shortcut, Vol. 101 Issue 42, p40
Presents a directory for surety bonds for insurance companies in the United States. Names of the companies listed; Details on the six categories of surety bonds.