News In Brief: Nov. Business Inventories Off
- Inventories. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct97, p11
Deals with inventory levels in the United States as of September 1997. Change in business inventories as a share of the gross domestic product (GDP); Comparison between inventory investment and GDP growth; Inventory investment and change in real GDP.
- Inventory reconciliation. Keys Jr., E. Theodore // Internal Auditor;Apr97, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p81
Deals with a review of the company's monthly inventory reconciliation. How the inventory balance was overstated by $164,000; Significance of the reconciliation status report; Advised of the auditor to the management.
- Stage of process inventories in the durables sector. Jaggi, Arvind // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1996, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p66
Presents a conceptual framework rooted in a schematic description of a typical production process that explains the nature of the relationships between work-in-progress inventories (WI) and materials inventories (MI). Domination of WI and MI in generating output fluctuations; Role of unfilled...
- How to become partners in cycle counting. Muller, Max // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Plant Edition;Jul96, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p4
Offers companies guidelines for making accurate inventories. Examples illustrating events leading to inventory inaccuracies; Need for an inventory flow chart.
- Comments. // Operations Research;May/Jun61, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p429
Offers comments on several books that appeared in the field of operations research study as of May 1961. 'Off-the-Road Locomotion,' by Bekker; 'Probabilities and Statistics,' by Schlaiffr; 'Decision-Making,' by Morell; 'Stochastic Processes' by Lajos Takacs; 'Control of Multivariable Systems,'...
- Alternative strategies in retailer & consumer product company loan defaults. Buxbaum, David // Credit World;May/Jun96, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p12
Discusses several strategies for liquidating inventories in retailer and consumer product companies. Role of consultants; Evaluation of trade area demographics; Merchandising strategies.
- Inventories Rise 0.8%; Sales Surge 0.9%. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;9/17/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33782, p2
The article reports that according to the U.S. Commerce Department, the business inventories in the U.S. increased by 0.8 percent to 1,592 billion U.S. dollars in July 2012 while sales increased by 0.9 percent to 1,240.6 billion dollars.
- Moving macaroni. Berger, Susan // Regional Review;Winter92, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p3
Reports that Japanese manufacturers have refined methods for keeping inventories low. Use of a new technology to replenish products at supermarket shelves.
- Conscious inventories. Bergstrom, Robin Yale // Automotive Production;Mar1996, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p64
Discusses the value of doing inventory on things that has been done and reason for doing it. Possible reason for doing the things which you do not know; What is the real value of doing something.