- IMPACT OF IMMERSION TEACHING ON ENGLISH SOCIOPRAGMATIC AWARENESS OF CHINESE KINDERGARTEN CHILDREN: A POLITE STUDY. Lei Zhang; Rong Yan // International Education;Spring2012, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p33
The purpose of this paper is to examine the impacts of an early partial immersion program as compared to a non-immersion program on English sociopragmatic awareness among Chinese kindergarten children six years of age. Of the 128 children who participated in the experiment involving the use of...
- Exploring foreign languages. Haimbaugh, Mary // Mothering;Fall94, Issue 72, p90
Discusses the benefits of learning foreign languages for children. Greater mental flexibility and critical thinking skills for children who study foreign languages; Author's childhood experiences; Author's instruction of her own children; Corporations' encouragement for employees to acquire a...
- ?Cual es tu Secreto? A language integration project. Feyten, Carine; Hines, Rebecca // Middle School Journal;May94, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on an informal language integration project using sign language and Spanish in the language arts classroom. Rationale in promoting foreign language studies; Project goals; Participants; Program; Outcome.
- THE IMMERSION EXPERIENCE. Goupil, Hélène // France Today;Jan2008, Vol. 23 Issue 1, pII
The article introduces the annual Travel Study Guide which features expert opinions on travel-study trips and foreign students experiences of immersion programs in France.
- 'They will learn.'. Yurth, Cindy // Navajo Times;11/23/2011, Vol. 50 Issue 47, pC-3
The article informs about the immersion program for students organized by BIA school at Rock Point , Arizona.
- INTRODUCTION: Language, Identity and Educational Policies, Volume 2. Lamoureux, Sylvie A.; Labrie, Normand // Canadian Journal of Education;2010, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p480
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on biliteracy and youth in Ontario by Anne-Marie Caron-Rï¿½aume, French immersion of high school students in Ottawa, Ontario by Josï¿½s Makropoulos and the examination of the learning experience of...
- Soy la Otra. McBRIEN, J. LYNN // Phi Delta Kappan;Jan2009, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p333
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences in a Spanish language immersion program.
- CUMBERLAND COUNTY SCHOOLS. // American School Board Journal;2010 Magna Awards Supplement, p31
The article focuses on the language immersion program at Cumberland County Schools in Fayetteville, North Carolina which is one of the honorable mentions in the 2010 Magna Awards.
- Let' e Go Guang! Chinese for Children. // Language Magazine;May2010, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p44
The article offers information on Let's Go Guang! Chinese for Children, a language program established by aha!Chinese, which consists of various episodes that use Migration to Immersion (MTIM) method.