Evidence for the Presence of HABP1 Pseudogene in Multiple Locations of Mammalian Genome
- A Novel Hyaluronidase Produced by Bacillus sp. A50. Guo, Xueping; Shi, Yanli; Sheng, Juzheng; Wang, Fengshan // PLoS ONE;Apr2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p1
Hyaluronidases are a family of enzymes that degrade hyaluronic acid (hyaluronan, HA) and widely used in many fields. A hyaluronidase producing bacteria strain was screened from the air. 16S ribosomal DNA (16S rDNA) analysis indicated that the strain belonged to the genus Bacillus, and the strain...
- Hyaluronan seeps into cancer treatment trials. Ziegler, Jan // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;4/3/96, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p397
Focuses on the role played by hyaluronan molecules in cancer development and progression. Hyaluronan's involvement in cell transformation and cancer cell metastasis; Hyaluronan's anti-tumor characteristics; Background on research efforts to determine the chemical's therapeutic uses.
- DEGRADATION OF HYALURONAN SAMPLES WITH THE ADDITION OF ASCORBIC ACID, CU (II), Fe (II) AND Mn (II) IONS. Valachova, Katarina; Soltes, Ladislav; Gemeiner, Peter; Bauerova, Katarina // Biomedical Papers of the Medical Faculty of Palacky University i;2007, Vol. 151, p97
An abstract of the medical research "DEGRADATION OF HYALURONAN SAMPLES WITH THE ADDITION OF ASCORBIC ACID, CU (II), Fe (II) AND Mn (II) IONS," by Katarina Valachova, Ladislav Soltes, Peter Gemeiner and Katarina Bauerova is presented.
- Research & Markets: U.S. Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Physician Survey 2011. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/12/2011, Vol. 21, p348
An abstract of the article "U.S. Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Physician Survey 2011" is presented.
- Population Genetic Analysis of Propionibacterium acnes Identifies a Subpopulation and Epidemic Clones Associated with Acne. Lomholt, Hans B.; Kilian, Mogens // PLoS ONE;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p1
The involvement of Propionibacterium acnes in the pathogenesis of acne is controversial, mainly owing to its dominance as an inhabitant of healthy skin. This study tested the hypothesis that specific evolutionary lineages of the species are associated with acne while others are compatible with...
- Pleural Tissue Hyaluronan Produced by Postmortem Ventilation in Rabbits. Wang, P. M.; Lai-Fook, S. J. // Lung;2000, Vol. 178 Issue 1, p1
Abstract. We developed a method that used Alcian blue bound to hyaluronan to measure pleural hyaluronan in rabbits postmortem. Rabbits were killed, then ventilated with 21% O[sub 2]-5% CO[sub 2]-74% N[sub 2] for 3 h. The pleural liquid was removed by suction and 5 ml Alcian blue stock solution...
- Restylane fills expectations. Schneider, Ellen Meyer // Cosmetic Surgery Times;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p1
Reports that the Restylane nonanimal stabilized hyaluronic acid filler lasts longer the collagen-based Zyplast when both are injected into the nasolabial folds of study subjects. Dermatological functions of the products.
- Hyaluronic acid in bronchoalveolar lavage in rats exposed to quartz Eklund, A.; Engstrom-Laurent, A.; Hallgren, R.; Tornling, G.; Unge, G.; Westman, B. // British Journal of Industrial Medicine;Jul1987, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p443
No abstract available.
- COMBATING Arthritis Pain. Black, Peggy // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Aug2002, Issue 238, p78
Examines the effects of administering a natural substance combination on treating arthritis in Canada. List of natural substances used; Synthesis of hyaluronic acid in the joints; Components of methyl sulfonyl methane solution.