Chicago Mayor's $4.6B Budget Stresses Local Improvements
- Daley unveils budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Reports on Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley's official disclosure of his year 2000 budget. Total amount of general obligation and revenue borrowing included in the spending plan; Uses for the proceeds from the proposed tax hikes.
- Illinois. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;10/08/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30247, p32
Reports on Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard Daley's plans to unveil a budget plan for fiscal 1998 that includes no property tax or user fee increases. Bond issue for infrastructure improvements; Increase in city spending for 1998; Daley's earlier proposal to reduce property tax.
- City budget. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;11/18/96, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p50
Reports that 46th Ward Alderman, Helen Shiller was the lone voter against the 1997 budget proposal of Richard Daley. Details on the proposal.
- Daley's Proposed 2002 Budget Plan Gains High Marks. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p4
Reports on a proposed multi-billion dollar budget for the year 2002 unveiled by Chicago, Illinois-based Mayor Richard M. Daley. Features of the proposed budget; Characteristics of the proposed budget.
- Daley's spending plan is a budget that works. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/18/93, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p12
Opinion. Comments on Mayor Richard Daley's 1994 budget for Chicago, Illinois. Spending plan; Balancing of taxpayers' resistance to additional taxes with expectations of enhanced city services; Emphasis on delivery of services to neighborhoods; Industrial street repairs; Rebuilding of viaducts.
- Chicago City Council Gives Unanimous OK to Daley Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p3
Reports on the approval of mayor Richard M. Daley's 4.6 billion dollar budget for 2002, by the Chicago City Council. Revenue projections on which the budget relies; Unique features of the budget; Potential shortfall announced by the budget director.
- Chicago Mayor's $4.8B Budget Light on Capital Spending. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p30
Reports on the proposed year 2004 budget of Mayor Richard Daley in Chicago, Illinois. Reduction in capital spending under the proposed budget; Number of jobs that will be retrenched; Consideration of the budget as the most difficult and challenging by Daley.
- Chicago Mayor Daley to Debut Budget After a Month's Delay. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p40
Reports on Chicago, Illinois, Mayor Richard Daley's plans to unveil his proposed 2005 budget after a month of delay. Reasons for the delay; Plans of the city government to avoid a property tax increase and limit layoffs in the wake of rising employee costs and flat revenue growth.
- Radian Auditor Deloitte & Touche to Terminate Contract With Bond Insurer. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/4/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32727, p27
The article reports on the spending cuts to the current budget declared by Chicago City Mayor Richard Daley in Illinois. The mayor announced an $8 million in spending cuts to the current budget in an attempt to whittle down a looming $200 million deficit in the 2008 budget. The cuts leave the...