Yields Raised 1 to 5 Basis Points On $442M of Harris County Debt
- Yield Indexes Mostly Down as SARS Fears Affect Market Performance. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31622, p29
Reports on the effects of the spread of pneumonia Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) virus on the yield indexes of 'Bond Buyer' in the last week of April 2003. Decline in the composite index of Leading Economic Indicators in March 2003; Overview of the bond market performance;...
- Debt man talking. Revell, Janice // Fortune;1/7/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 1, p106
Focuses on what the bond market reveals about stocks. Why a steep yield curve and narrowing credit spreads bode well for stocks; What the bond market is telling us about the United States economy.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32358, p29
Several charts are presented depicting the bond market indicators in the U.S. including the Municipal Bond Index, Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields, and the prices for securities.
- Total eclipse. McDermott, Darius // Money Marketing;10/26/2006, p88
The article comments on the market for total return funds in Great Britain as of 2006. A combination of poor market conditions and unrealistic targets has negatively influenced total return funds. Total return funds are predicted to be strategic bond funds in the purest sense. It will be a...
- Run-up charges utility valuations. // Dow Theory Forecasts;3/28/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the performance of utility stock prices and valuations in the U.S. in 2005. Increase in interest rates; Long-term bond yields; Benefits of utilities with energy exposure from the increasing prices for oil and natural gas; Economic forecasts.
- Demography and the Long-Run Predictability of the Stock Market. // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;2004, Issue 1, p316
This article focuses on issues relating to the U.S. stock and bond markets, and its implications for demography. A key issue is the ability of the model to explain both interest rates and stock prices. If baby-boomers are saving for retirement, their behavior should push up the prices of both...
- Little-known Facts About Stock Prices and Business Cycles. Moore, Geoffrey H.; Cullity, John P. // Challenge (05775132);Mar/Apr88, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p49
This article presents an analysis of facts about stock prices and business cycles. It begins with the analysis of first fact which holds that stock prices are sometimes higher at the bottom of a recession than at the top of the boom, and mentions that reason is that prices often start down...
- Yields Mixed for Second Consecutive Week as Investors React to War. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p7
The article highlights yield indexes in the U.S. bond market as of April 4, 2003. ï¿½ People are not as convinced by the belief that the economy will resume its recovery once the war in Iraq has passed,ï¿½ said John Pietanza, bond market strategist for Miller Tabak& Co. Investors...
- Latin America: financial systems and financing of investment. Jiménez, Luis Felipe; Manuelito, Sandra // CEPAL Review;Apr2011, Issue 103, p45
This work examines the main characteristics of the financial systems of Latin America, in order to develop proposals for strengthening investment finance in the region. First, a diagnostic is given of the investment-supporting capacities of the region's banking systems, stock and bond markets,...