NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p2
Presents updates related to finance in the U.S. as of August 5, 2004. Decline in the refunding of the Department of the Treasury; Growth in the factory orders for manufactured goods; Increase in the business activity in the non-manufacturing sector.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Rise. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/11/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F340, p1
The article focuses on the index of different bonds in the U.S. The article informs that the Municipal Bond Index based on 40 long-term bond prices, increased four basis points in the week ending October 10, 2013. The article also mentions that the 20-Bond General Obligation (GO) Index of...
- Here's a Tip: It's Time for TIPS. Wang, Penelope // Money;Nov2005, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p82
Presents information about investing in U.S. Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS). How the bond market becomes more unattractive as the rate of inflation increases; Soaring energy prices which have increased the consumer price index (CPI); How to buy TIPS and how to hold them in a...
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 0.045%, 0.080% Highs. Siegei, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/14/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33911, p2
The article informs that the tender rates for the discount bills 91-day and 182 day issued by the U.S. Treasury Department have incurred a 0.045 percent high rates in three months whereas 0.080 percent in six-months.
- Treasury 2-Years Go at 1.737% High. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p2
Reveals that the U.S. Treasury auctioned two-year notes at a 1.737 percent yield.
- News In Brief: Treasury to Buy Back Up to $1.75 Billion. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/15/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31266, p2
Reports on plans of the U.S. Treasury Department to buy back several of its outstanding bond issues that mature between February 2015 and August 2019. Settlement date of the issues; Closing time of the issues.
- News In Brief: Treasury to Sell 4-Weeks Today. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p2
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Treasury Department to sell 19 billion dollars of the four-week discount bills. Auction of the bills to refund the maturing bills; Details of the date of issuance and maturity of the bills.
- Treasury: Power Output, But Few Other Bond Rules Due by June 30. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31385, p1
Reports the plan of the U.S. Treasury Department to release a bond-related regulatory item in Washington. Finalization of the electricity output regulations; Rules on the governance of allocating and accounting in private-activity bonds; Views of attorney-adviser for tax-exempt bonds Steve...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/27/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31541, p2
Presents news briefs regarding sales and auction of bonds in the U.S. as of December 27, 2002. Decrease in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Details of weekly auctions of the Treasury Department; Rise in the rating of Industrial Development Authority, issued for Christian...