Colorado Weighs Creating Rainy-Day Fund; Raters See No Quick Impact
- Colorado Lawmakers Drop Pay-to-Play, Tobacco Bond Bills. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p32
Reports on Colorado lawmakers' disapproval of proposed measures that would have placed sanctions on direct solicitations of campaign contributions for bond and tax elections from bond professionals and authorized tobacco bonds for the state. Efforts to reduce pay-to-play in the municipal bond...
- CBA of Kansas hires banker as its new leader. Bengtson, Tom // North Western Financial Review;1/1/2009, Vol. 194 Issue 1, p13
The article announces the appointment of Shawn Mitchell as president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Community Bankers Association of Kansas.
- Connecticut Lawmakers End Session Deadlocked Over $13.5 Billion Budget. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;5/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31384, p3
Reports the conclusion of the regular session of the legislature in Connecticut. Lack of financial budget; Disagreement on budget amendments; Opposition of the spending plan.
- Virginia Governor Signs 2003ï¿½04 Budget With $400M Fran Cap Hike. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p34
Reports the legislation of a billion budget bill in Virginia. Provision of funds for highway construction; Issuance of higher-education revenue bonds; Proposal for a regional transportation bond referendums.
- State budget dominates legislative session. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;6/17/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1
Reports the consideration of the state budget during the legislative session in Arizona. Approach of legislators for the recovery of budget deficit; Reduction of budget for university and community colleges; Appropriations for job training.
- A hopeful ratio. Doherty, Brian // Reason;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the decline in ratio of spending-increase bills to spending-cut bills from 1991 to 1995. Less willingness of members of Congress to sponsor costly bills.
- Acts Approved by the President. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/24/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p230
Announces the signing into law of Consolidated Appropriations Resolution of 2003 by U.S. President George W. Bush.
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;08/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30453, p8
No abstract available.
- Louisiana Starts Session to Tackle Jindal Budget Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/30/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33290, p3
The article reports on a three-month session of the Louisiana Legislature that will focus on how to deal with a projected revenue decline of 1.7 billion dollars in fiscal 2011.